Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Garrett Powermax, my review

64K views 82 replies 31 participants last post by  cartmanea 
#1 ·
A few weeks ago I bought a Garrett Powermax from Nate with PTP. I finally got around to installing it yesterday. Here's my first thoughts on the turbo.

The whistle on the turbo is insane. It's about the same as stock at idle, but kick on high idle and its stupid loud. The best psi I've got out of it is 37 on the highway. I haven't really hammered on it, since the first time I did I blew a boot off and scared the crap out of me.LOL

I've run several tunes with it. So far the best results I've gotten are with Street Looney. Matt with gearhead is in the process of writting a new tune for me. In my opinion, custom tuning is needed to take full advantage of this turbo.

I'll add more once I get my tune.

#6 ·
Wow that's a nice price!!

#7 ·
Man thats cheap.

#8 ·
#9 ·
That thing is freakn bad ass. I blew the inter cooler tube off once already too hammering on it hard. but found out I didnt have the clamps tight enough.

#15 ·
sounds good, was that through a 4 or 5 inch exhaust?

#20 ·
Garrett says it can hold 175hp over stock, but that is pretty conservative

#26 ·
pretty sure rescue is at or over the 600hp mark with his, i think i seen where he did, i could be wrong but i know he's in the high 500's at least

#30 ·
how would this turbo compare to the industrial stg1 hybrid?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.