Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I'm an idiot.

959 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Lubbockguy1979 
#1 ·
I was messing around with my x2 last night and went ahead and used the live load software to unlock it from my previous truck then hit the erase files button trying to clear out the old files. I was actually looking for some datalogging stuff to check stuff before my trip today. I decided to throw some tunes on the truck.... Well something glitched my display on the dash went ------ and it would not start. Not like a turn over and no start more like a turn the key it has no batteries connected under the hood no start. So I talk to jr@sct and he goes thru a few trouble shooting things and comes to the conclusion that my x2 has pretty much lost my stock file. He told me it would be a longshot but emails me a copy of the stock file that is in a sct custom tune format. I do the nessisary updates to software etc and get it loaded. Truck fires right up. So basically now I have on my sct my stock file, the original file the device thinks is the stock file. I am not sure if I need to take the truck to the dealer to get the stock flash corrected? Or what to do? Can I just take it to one of the diesel shops to get it flashed? Or do I have to actually go to ford to have it programmed? On a side note the x2 dosent have a recovery option like the x3 does so appaerntly there is no way to force the stock flash into the device..

#2 ·
Just use the SCT stock flash It wont hurt a thing. Unless they told you differently these days

#3 ·
You had to go back to stock to unlock it and erase the stock file. It saved the stock file before it loads the file to the truck. Well it's supposed to. All you had to do was reload a file and it should have taken a full file into the pcm.

Just have to put a file on it and load it in.

#4 ·
Doug I tried all kinds returning to stock, different tune etc. Then I reloaded the tunes to the tuner to no avail. I did return to stock when I traded trucks. I did the unlock thru live load on my pc. I did load a file to the truck and that is when It all went wrong. I did notice that the strategy I had written down and the one that it had after the misshap was tottaly different. I guess some how I didn't lose the 04 stock file or something from my previous truck. I also ended up losing a unlock from this mess.

#7 ·
Actually I think that is what happened... I'm not sure if I ended up putting a 04 file on the tuner or if the tuner tried to apply the 04 stock file though. If I had have loaded the 04 file would it have cause this to happen?

#9 ·
Well.... I guess I found my anti theft method... They would have to tow the truck to steal it. I really should have made a seprate folder for the tunes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.