Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Gotta go UP!

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  NEVRNF 
#1 ·
Ive had my 2002 f250 4x4 for two years now and i love the truck, but stock hieght is over. I had brand new bf goodrich e rated tires on it when i got it,,,,,so i had to wait till i wore them out.

i have searched every thread about lifts and tires and i am no closer to deciding on a lift then when i started.

I want a lift between 6" and 8"

i need to be able to tow and trail ride in the mountains of southern california.

i tow alot, usually 12k lbs or less.

i want a high quality lift. but not over kill price wise.

#5 ·
my vote would be for bds if your concerned about price i think i payed $1200 for my 8" kit and very impressed with the ride and quality and they have a lifetime warranty might wanna upgrade the shocks though it comes with cheapies...icon is also very nice but more money

#10 ·
X2 MUST HAVE FOR TOWING!!! I have a 1999 F 250 with 250,000mi been lifted since day one. Let me start with...... I tow a 32 ft Baja with twin Big Block's boat weighs 8800 lbs, I also haul a 9000lb bobcat almost everyday.

I started with a procomp lift NOT FOR HAULING!! way to soft, next upgraded to a SUPERLIFT again way to soft! broke a few rear springs.

Finally spent the money & got a 8" B.D.S. LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!! Crazy strong componets, only broke one spring in about 180,000 mi. the best part it I took all four springs back to BDS there was no questions asked they replaced all four didnt cost me 1$, Broke a upper shock mount plowing snow somehow, again replaced it with no problems!!! BDS is hands down the best lift you can buy! and they stand behind it 110%

Hope this helps!!

#13 ·
no pics it looked just plain stupid! one hell of a drop plow bracked. Sorry but i'm very confident in BDS they really took good care of me.

#14 ·
BDS makes a good product. Thier warranty is great also. The springs are good but far from the best for ride. Deaver springs are hands down the best riding spring made. ICON and RCD use them. BDS and ICON both use the same shock manufacturer ( Edelbrock) and RCD uses bilstein.
Now for a towing application i would only go 6". I would not use rear lift springs. They have a lower load capacity. You should try and find a Fabtech rear hanger kit. This combined with the factory rear spring and a smaller block would be the best setup. Going to a 6" block and the factory spring could lead to axle wrap without ladder bars. I f you decide to go all spring lift plan on doing air bags to controll the rear sag when towing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.