Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

elite egr blocker plate

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  turboculosis 
#1 ·
i have an 03 and my egr cooler isn't leaking but i want to block my egr flow so i was looking at getting just elite diesels egr blocker plate it's cheap and it looks like a pretty strait forward install. i was wondering how it performs and how hard is it to install going to do my injector this weekend figured i would do this also.

#3 ·
hmm I just joined this site today and i'd love to hear answers for that question to. I was also wondering if u put that plate in and leave all the egr stuff and cooler in place if the computer would figure out that the egr has no exhuast going though the valve when it open mainly i'm woundering if it would through a code if we used that little block off plate on our trucks I cleaned my egr for the first time this past weekend along with the intake air temp sensor while doing my oil change. I could not believe the amount of soot in my intake on the egr and temp sensor. I hope some one while answer this post.
:poke: anyone???

#6 ·
yeah it must be nice to live in your state if you can get away with that paintrain . I have to have the system there so it will pass inspection. so if I put the blocker plate in but leave everything else on the computer would figure out some how that the pipe is blocked even though the valve is opening and closeing when the computer tells it to??

#8 ·
It depends on the year of your truck, I don't think the '03-'04 monitor EGR flow, so they won't throw any codes

#10 ·
will an innsufficient EGR flow code cause any de-fueling? or just make the light stay on?

#11 ·
i had the plate on my old 6.0. They work well. Make sure you delete the valve as well. You can buy a dummy valve off of ebay for like 80 bucks. You will have to leave the actual egr valve plugged in tho to prevent codes. The install is a pain. You have to pull the turbo and move your downpipe. An egr delete is a better way to go tho.

#15 ·
from what I understand the early 03-04 and even some early 05 trucks will not set a CEL for EGR deletes or blocks. 05 trucks with blue motor tags don't set a CEL. I can unplug my valve and not see a CEL, now I can't confirm if it will set some sort of a soft code though.

my truck has to go through annual inspections in my state so it all has to "be there" for the visual check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.