Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Ban the spammer, probation, vaca?

You are not welcome here!!!

11K views 186 replies 34 participants last post by  Arisley 
#1 ·
Should a known instigator/spammer/troll be allowed to continually ruin threads, and breed hate and discontent with every other member, in threads that really have nothing to do with their rants?

We ban spammers right?...well aren't these types of people just "spammers" that somehow flew under the radar for too long?

BTW...I made it multiple choice for those of you that like #3 and still want to vote for one of the other options too...LOL LOL

#5 ·
I fixed my first post to lump them all into one category,...because in essence...they are all the same, just have a different name.

A troll is the same as a spammer,..the only difference is the Staff made a slight oversite and accidentally let it continue....LOL

They are all unwanted by most, cause aggrevation, and generally cause more problems then they are worth for the staff/admin.

#6 ·
Doug provides tons of knowledge,...his verbally delivery of it leaves something to be desired to some people.

Like myself....I will give you the shirt off my back if you need it,...I just don't have to be nice to you while I'm doing it.....LOL

And if you notice,..,,the majority of the time Doug has his rants in the appropriate thread forums....unlike the people I'm describing.

#10 ·
Originally Posted by TANK'S 250 View Post
I fixed my first post to lump them all into one category,...because in essence...they are all the same, just have a different name.

A troll is the same as a spammer,..the only difference is the Staff made a slight oversite and accidentally let it continue....

They are all unwanted by most, cause aggrevation, and generally cause more problems then they are worth for the staff/admin.

Yeah but the troll(s) in question also keep the forums it contributes in very active upping the click rate which in turn is a positive for the site overall.

Keeping it around also serves a purpose for members in another way.

When life deals out a bowl of lemons your truck breaks down dog runs off and your wife leaves you, a person can always look at the bleak existence of said trolls life and realize there are others worse off.

#11 ·
Yeah but the troll(s) in question also keep the forums it contributes in very active upping the click rate which in turn is a positive for the site overall.

I fully understand how sites work...trust me..." click rate" is one of the only reasons that the staff on many sites continue to tolerate me ......LOL

But there is a time when enough is enough...and the offending party should be removed to benefit the members and the site...it goes both ways(like Sleeper)

#13 ·
While I dont agree with Gandy's political stance on many things leave him here the politics forum would be boring without himLOL

#18 ·
Suns and Pocket fill the leftist view void rather nicely. Though they arent lefties......they are centrists.....or whatever PC BS term the libs want to call it.

If you are here without a diesel pickup, or even a truck........you have to wonder.......why? Why have I been abandoned by all other social groups? Why am I a turd burglar? Why dont people understand me? When is the next Star trek convention? Why do I have so many cats?

You know who you are.......LOL

#14 ·
LOL @ "both ways"

Anyone else notice an option 4 has been added to the poll?

Jay, I love busting your chops cause I know you can take it and dish it right back. You're not trying to get yourself banned, are you? :poke:

#21 ·
LOL @ "both ways"

Anyone else notice an option 4 has been added to the poll?

Jay, I love busting your chops cause I know you can take it and dish it right back. You're not trying to get yourself banned, are you? :poke:
I have no fear of being banned at this time....I mean really....look at a couple people that rule this place.

A member of the Adam's family
A tubby Ogre
An old, pissed off garden Gnome
Some chick named Michelle with a tramp stamp
Mr. Pocket protector
And a Tracker driving ****

I'm surprised the Ogre actually was smart enough to know how to go into the poll and change the vote numbers......that right there shocked the chit out of me....LOL

#23 ·
LOL...Sure...go ahead....as long as it's fair-ish...LOL

Ban them, they offer nothing!---11 votes 35.48% --- 95bspowerstroke, 97rattlebox, AllanB, Choupique108, DSTRBD, farm boy, fordfreak4life, Greg373, montana350, SD01WD

Give them 3 strikes...2 warnings, then treat them like any other spammer?---14 votes 45.16% ----captzach, Dantheman, ditch_dawg, HUNKRDWNDAWGS, ironworker25, J HO 22, Jake N, justintimemoto, Rustler, Smokin6-0, strokin'_tatsch, TANK'S 250, tdevinejr, TheFinalStroke

Damn TANK,..finally you make a worthwhile thread! --- 11 votes 11 35.48% --bbexcursion, captzach, Choupique108, fastfish1967, fordfreak4life, ironworker25, Jake N, Smokin6-0, strokin'_tatsch, tdevinejr

BAN TANK ASAP!!! ---20 votes 64.52%---!!!PainTrain!!!, imelmo, lukecline, Redfish

The last number seems kinda skewed for only 4 voters...LOL...you azzbanging fuksticks!

#36 ·
Personally, I think a ban Tank now option should automatically appear on every poll. Even if I voted for it 47 times, that would all be in fun. I would actually argue against it. For pretty much the same reasons that Mike stated.

I will actually say the same exact thing about Gandy. If we were to ban him because some people don't like him and he plays devils advocate a lot (that's just my opinion). There are a lot of people on this site that would fall under the same umbrella. If it is because he does not own a truck, better also go back and read his post. Lots of people here would also have to be banned for that (including one of our best and longest standing Mods). While I may not agree with what he believes, he really doesn't ask you to. He presents his case in an intelligent manner and it will make you think.

Personally, I think he is an overall plus to this site (as much as I really hate to admit it).

#37 ·
Personally, I think a ban Tank now option should automatically appear on every poll. Even if I voted for it 47 times, that would all be in fun. I would actually argue against it. For pretty much the same reasons that Mike stated.

I will actually say the same exact thing about Gandy. If we were to ban him because some people don't like him and he plays devils advocate a lot (that's just my opinion). There are a lot of people on this site that would fall under the same umbrella. If it is because he does not own a truck, better also go back and read his post. Lots of people here would also have to be banned for that (including one of our best and longest standing Mods). While I may not agree with what he believes, he really doesn't ask you to. He presents his case in an intelligent manner and it will make you think.

Personally, I think he is an overall plus to this site (as much as I really hate to admit it).
I can kinda agree....as long as he keeps those views(all which are political)...in the damn political forum...

...wasn't that why it was created?

which if you noticed....was the point of this poll...

Should a known instigator/spammer/troll be allowed to continually ruin threads, and breed hate and discontent with every other member, in threads that really have nothing to do with their rants?

We ban spammers right?...well aren't these types of people just "spammers" that somehow flew under the radar for too long?

#38 ·
Politics needs to stay in that one forum. The rest of this site is for other stuff.

#39 ·
Politics needs to stay in that one forum. The rest of this site is for other stuff.
And that's all I was saying...thank you...

hopefully it actually happens...;)

I mean hell....you don't see me making all my retarded " hey look at me" or my " hey look at me" or my "hey look at me" threads in the 6.0L performance forum do you?.....

LOL LOL...no...that wasn't a typo BTW...

#43 ·
At first I wasn't going to post in this, obviously aimed at me………….. thread.

However, it doesn't seem quite fair that epithets are being thrown without the opportunity to respond.

Please note, that I am usually responding to personal attacks………not instigating them.

Tank, why is it that you only started on this crusade after I said I voted for Obama? Prior to that, you were civil…………even friendly? Are you so simple-minded that you cannot allow a dissenting view into your realm of thought? Or is it your need to always be the center of attention? While following your Jerry Springer Show eligible personal life, is a little like watching a train wreck (ya hate to see the details but, can’t force yourself to look away)……..I am embarrassed for you sometimes in sharing what to most people would/should be very personal information. Just saying.

To Disturbed…..….you are the living stereotype of the uninformed, narrow-minded homophobic *******. Keep up the good work and maybe you’ll make it as a poster boy some day.

As to this site itself, I’ve said it before that I first found TDS after having problems with my 6.0L. After Jason curtailed the ‘Other’ forum, I pretty much moved on. I lurked here for a while and then decided to join because it seemed to have an active membership and, with time on my hands………an opportunity to debate/discuss current topics.

I have also learned a great deal if/when I buy another truck. I won’t be getting anything from Cobbs or Performance Truck Products of course but, at least most of the other vendors are smart enough to not rip people off……………… or to make public if they hold bigoted/prejudiced/ ignorant views.

I would also like to take this opportunity to give Mike, and the mod’s, a well deserved pat on the back for running a great site. I don’t see the favoritism shown in so many other sites and they do a great job of letting people respond (even if they don’t agree) when attacked.

For that………I take my hat off to them.

#44 ·
At first I wasn't going to post in this, obviously aimed at me………….. thread.

However, it doesn't seem quite fair that epithets are being thrown without the opportunity to respond.

Please note, that I am usually responding to personal attacks………not instigating them(I'd be willing to bet,...if you kept your political views out of their TRUCK threads...you wouldn't have an issue....seems as if you bring this on yourself intentionally...........

Tank, why is it that you only started on this crusade after I said I voted for Obama? (wow....again you find a way to get politics in there) Prior to that, you were civil…………even friendly? Are you so simple-minded that you cannot allow a dissenting view into your realm of thought? Or is it your need to always be the center of attention? While following your Jerry Springer Show eligible personal life, is a little like watching a train wreck (ya hate to see the details but, can’t force yourself to look away)……..I am embarrassed for you sometimes in sharing what to most people would/should be very personal information. Just saying.(I have to agree with you..BUT...the difference between my rambling is...unlike you....I post it in the appropriate forum....)

To Disturbed…..….you are the living stereotype of the uninformed, narrow-minded homophobic *******. Keep up the good work and maybe you’ll make it as a poster boy some day.

As to this site itself, I’ve said it before that I first found TDS after having problems with my 6.0L. After Jason curtailed the ‘Other’ forum, I pretty much moved on. I lurked here for a while and then decided to join because it seemed to have an active membership and, with time on my hands………an opportunity to debate/discuss current topics(wow....again you find a way to get politics in there....try and stay with the thread theme...if it's trucks...try talking trucks...if it's electrical...try talking about electrical.....if it's Political...most likely it is in the political forum).

I have also learned a great deal if/when I buy another truck. I won’t be getting anything from Cobbs or Performance Truck Products of course but, at least most of the other vendors are smart enough to not rip people off……………… or to make public if they hold bigoted/prejudiced/ ignorant views(wow....skirting around it...but it sure appears you found yet another way to skirt politics in there).

I would also like to take this opportunity to give Mike, and the mod’s, a well deserved pat on the back for running a great site. I don’t see the favoritism shown in so many other sites and they do a great job of letting people respond (even if they don’t agree) when attacked(I'd be willing to bet,...if you kept your political views out of their TRUCK threads...you wouldn't have an issue....seems as if you bring this on yourself intentionally..(like a site aggrevating troll)..

For that………I take my hat off to them.

Gandy- I feel I need to say this one more time, because it still seems to elude you.

I have no problem with you as a person,...hell...if you are ever this way...drop me a line and the first 5 rounds of beers are on me....seriously....just don't expect us to talk about poli....uhh...nevermind...LOL LOL LOL

The only thing I have a problem with is that you feel that every thread needs to be twisted into something political.....yes I said twisted...because somehow you can find a way to interject your political views into the most non political threads...it is amazing how proficient you are at jumping into a thread about anything other than politics,...and in nanoseconds you change an informative TRUCK THREAD into into a "leftist/rightest/centerist/uptist/downist" goverment movement by past, present, or future radical leaders...

Hopefully you now understand,...I can only hope.....all us members(yes..I've recieved quite a few PM's from other members)....all they/we want is you to please keep your "views" in their appropriate forum/s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.