Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lets See Your Superduty Stereo Install Pics

149K views 109 replies 40 participants last post by  jcanlett 
#1 ·
Hey guys let's post up some pics of our Stereo system installs....I'm hoping there's some great pics and ideas on here...

#2 ·
I guess I'll go first...

Kinda hard to see everything but this is what I have behind the back seat.
Amp rack holds my Sundown Sax100.4, Saz1500D, Crossovers (when I used them) and my computer (hidden below the crossovers

Naked

Middle of the truck is my sub box, pretty proud of this one,

Modded 08 center console to hold a 0.93ft^3 sealed subwoofer box with 7" of mounting depth, cut out for a 12" but could change it for a 10 or 8(s). Console now weighs 78lbs (with a 25lb sub) and it still has 4" of storage space up top which is more than the factory 40/20/40 jump seat it replaced

Side nobody sees, subwoofer is a Stereo Integrity Mag V4

Doors are still being worked on (deadened and sealed) but only thing fabricated so far is the tweeter pods. Polk Audio SR6500 component set, run active (ditched the crossovers)

After seeing Rich's 08 tweeter pods I need to tighten mine up quite a bit.

First thing I ever built out of fiberglass (and first thing to get rebuilt soon) is this pod for my HU, upfitter switches and brake controler (since replaced) also heater controls are relocated to where the upfitter switches would normally be. HU is an Alpine 9887 used to do the active crossovers and time alignment and other tuning duties.

And the reason why most of that was relocated, and the piece that catches most peoples attention is here...

Wifi outside the hotel,

Makes for a great lunch break too

Its a 10.4" touch panel LCD screen, below it is a slot load DVD reader/burner and next to it (where the power point used to be) is the power/reset switches, HDD and power LED's and a 4-port USB hub. Rest of the guts of the computer can be seen in the middle of the amp rack.

Now I am hoping to redo most all of it in the near future other than the sub box (but maybe a different one altogether for a different sub) but the Dash needs a little work or maybe completely redone to get rid of the wood grain. The lower dash is going to get redone smoothing in the heater controls better, and tucking the HU up and in tighter along with the upfitter switches and my new brake controller. Amp rack needs redoing since ditching the crossovers and to clean up the wiring a bit. Doors are in the process (loooooong process) or getting deadened and sealed up with some proper baffles for the mids (dreams of 8's someday though) also tweeter pods getting redone to be tighter shape wise and a little better aiming.

So thats my little stereo, now lets see what everyone else has ( I love seeing this stuff) :D

#3 ·
So thats my little stereo, now lets see what everyone else has ( I love seeing this stuff) :D
Not much more to see after yours Josh...LOL

#11 ·
LOL Thanks Adam

Here's a pic of what I've got so far, the interior is back out so I can finish the Dynomat....I'm running 2 Kicker CVT 12" subs ( which is there shallow mount subs ) and a Kicker ZX750.1 with a 1.2 Farad Tsunami Cap...I also replaced all 4 of my 6x8 with Kicker KS680....
Looks good, deadening that rear wall must make a Huge difference. I haven't done mine yet but I remember when I first got the truck the big difference in sound from having the seat up or down. For the extra mile, while you are in the deadening phase you can fill in the little cavities (like below the window, and above the doors) with Great Stuff expanding foam.

Also I see you got some Kicker Hyperflex wire, I love that stuff, easiest wire to work with by far.

Dayum! That's one SICK setup! I have stereo envy all over again! Thanks for the kind words about my sub box yesterday....
Thanks man. You definitely got a sweet sub box there, I think its the first time I have really seen something done with the 99-07 console and yours looks great. Should post up some pics for all to see

I am very pleased with the overall sound of my system, my last truck was a pure bass machineLOL It's nice to have a solid all around system now. Next up is a speaker amp...
AHA!! So you got more than I thought LOL

Looks like the text and button color on the HU is a perfect match to the Ford green backlighting. Just need to grab an old t-shirt, some fiberglass, some bondo, and some paint and get them tweeters all finished up.

All around systems are the way to go, just gotta be able to have a little bump when you feel the itch LOL

#7 ·
Here's a pic of what I've got so far, the interior is back out so I can finish the Dynomat....I'm running 2 Kicker CVT 12" subs ( which is there shallow mount subs ) and a Kicker ZX750.1 with a 1.2 Farad Tsunami Cap...I also replaced all 4 of my 6x8 with Kicker KS680....

Vehicle audio Electronics Audio equipment Loudspeaker Subwoofer

#52 ·

View attachment 14076
Any luck with those kicker 6X8's?

#10 ·
Alright I'll post mine up, lol.

This is my simple system in my truck...

Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Double Din

My speakers are JL VR525-CSi components, the tweeters are just mounted to the stock sail panels.

Behind the rear seat I have my dual 10" setup. 2 Pioneer Premier shallow mounts. I forget what model exactly, but they are 250W RMS. They are powered by a Kicker ZX400.1 under the rear seat. You can see in the pic that they are a tight fit, the frame of the sub hits the seat...

I am very pleased with the overall sound of my system, my last truck was a pure bass machineLOL It's nice to have a solid all around system now. Next up is a speaker amp...

#17 ·
Well took me a bit longer to get them up, but here they are

I would love to have a harley interior like that :drool:

sweet set-up congrats
thanks man :D If your interested I might be willing to trade it all for your sweet 6.7...

Yea didn't think you would go for that deal LOL

#14 ·
Thanks JDC753....I was actually thinking about filling in with expanding foam...don't have much experience with that stuff...my luck it would expand everywhere I didn't want it...haha and yes the Dynomat made a world of difference in sound quality, now the back only rattles 1/4 as much...lol

#18 ·
No pics of mine....but I have an Eclipse 5030 head unit, front factory's taken out and replaced with Kenwood Excelon XR-S17P. I stuck a 12" Sundown Audio Z Series dual 2 config. subwoofer in the center floorboard in the back seat. A Rockford Fosgate T400.2 powers the components and a Rockford Fosgate T1500.1bd powers the subwoofer at 1881 watts @ 1 ohm. The crossovers are on the little shelf under the back seat. I have 4ga Kicker Hyper Flex wire comming off the 2 amps to a Rockford Fosgate ANL Fused distrobution block with 1/0 Kicker Hyper Flex wire running to the battery. RCA wires for both amps are Kicker as well.

#21 ·
love the audio installs and thinking of updating my stock 6 disc in my 05 CC to a double din but hate to lose the controls on the steering wheel. anything i can do about it or just have to deal with it? was also wondering if anyone know if a Ford Shaker 500 stereo could work? anyone know?

#24 ·
Are you guys with the crew cabs moving the seat forward or are the newer shallow mounts making it possible to leave them all the way back?

#26 ·
I did not move my seat forward.

#28 ·
I'll post pics after I finish up this weekend, subs are coming this Friday. I didn't go high-end on the subs because wasn't sure yet if it would work, just got the Kicker Comp 8" since Crutchfield had a 2 for 1 special. They are rated for free-air use, so I am just using the door as the enclosure, so I'll have to wait and see how it sounds. Lots of dynamat and other sound deadening both on the door surface and inside on the outer skin.

#31 ·
Got them installed and they sound far better than I had hoped. The subs are rated for infinite baffle use, but obtain best sound with a larger sealed enclosure. The rear SuperCab doors are about 0.75 cu. ft. as best I can tell, so I cut the hole out larger, cut clearance on the inner support, and used a lot of sound deadening inside and out. It is a 99% sealed enclosure since the only holes are where the door panel clips on, and those are mostly sealed by the insulation on the door panel. Subs sound great, and so far I'm only driving them with 75 rms each. Good fill and they hit low and hard too. Will upload pics shortly.

#32 ·
Here are the pics. Sound deadening looks poor because I was using up a bunch of scraps I had. Inside door is RAAMat and some 1" think visco-elastic foam. On the door surface is RAAMat and RAAMat Ensolite. I thought I would eventually put a 10 or 12 in a sealed custom enclosure built into the middle front seat, but these sound so good I'm happy with just the 8s.

#35 ·

It now has t1500-1 and t400.4, and new kenwood excelon with 5v preouts, all image dynamics comp

#37 ·
the are IDq v.3 and ctx comp. I had mmats d200 and lm2100. When i changed to the rockford amps ive gotta add some more mid-bass. But yea I love the way it sounds i can listen to any type of music and it sounds great. I love to listen to music not just make noise.

#39 ·
Well the setup actually reflects more as center channel. So its not coming straight at you.

#43 ·
Well i got me 2 eqt's since they are mono channel. Im looking foward to getting everything in tune once again. Well once my mid-bass added. Im going to add 4-5.25 image ctx mid bass drivers under the rear seat ledge. then get the eqt's tuned :evil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.