Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What's your DD tune?

6K views 58 replies 30 participants last post by  BFT 
#1 ·
Do you guys run the big tunes all day, every day or a lower HP tune?

#3 ·
I always leave mine in the 250, for me its just an all around good tune. Shifts are good, smoke is easy to control and its got enough pep to tool around. I ran the 310 for about 2k miles and I just couldnt handle the shifting anymore. It ran out good, actually got the best mileage with it but I just wanted something tamer lol.

#6 ·
I run the 210 anything else shifts all screwy granted i have not trained the tranny on one yet. I thought i read somewhere if you run the bigger tunes all the time they can wash the cylinders? Or was that just for idling? The 310 is so dam touchy you hit a bump and do a burn out lol

#11 ·
crazy when u guys say 210 tune for towing. I wish i could get that for my truck with just a chip lol makes a 60 hp tow tune look sheepish.

#15 ·
250 tune for everything.... mileage got a little worse from first month 24 to 16..... but its better then 7 with a DPF

#21 ·
350 here, shifts hard but I like to be prepared.

#23 ·
250 here for the last week; it puts a smile on my face every time I lay into it. It really is amazing how fast these trucks are with tuning, just amazing. My shifts are not too hard and it seems to get better every day. Probably would have helped if I did the relearn, but it runs good now so I don't want to mess with it. Is that absolutely necessary to do? I also, run the stock intake. Temps are good and my mileage is going up. Traveling from san Diego to Salt Lake City tomorrow so we will see how she does in the heat. Hopefully just fine because I am not taking that heavy piece of chit DPF/CAT with me. Enjoy the power!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.