Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

No Turning Back Now *pics within the hour*

3K views 49 replies 12 participants last post by  deiter5262 
#1 ·
well i finally decided to bite the bullet, I've been wanting black rims for quite some time and my rear rims looked like hell after 200k miles of rocks bouncing around inside them so i sanded them down and painted them all black, removed the nerf bars and painted my mirror covers, im currently waiting on the paint to dry on the wheels so we should have pics shortly, if i like it the wheels will be going in for an acid dip and probably send them off to have them anodized

#3 ·
Looks great, I would go with a less glossy finish on the wheels. The tires are really difficult to keep looking black on all different road surfaces, and I think a finish that isnt glossy black will match tires better, and be less obvious when the tires are dirty.

Kind of more of a subtle look.

Either way it looks great man, keep goin

#4 ·
thats kinda what i decided after i was done and had them on the pickup, if i decide to stay with it ill have a buddy at the body shop here n town strip them down and do them professionaly in matte black i think

#10 ·
i think it needs a set of black pipe steps, ill see if i can find a pic to reference a few guys on here have them, i'll build a set shortly if i decide i want them

#14 ·
Great work bud! Kinda agree with the others on the whole shine issue. With clean tires it would look badass though.

Now you really got me thinkin bout doin mine till I can afford some nice XD wheels

#21 ·
i think im guna do chrome center caps on it, just to break up the black on the wheel a lil bit, i need a set of chrome lugnuts as well or lugnut covers, any ideas on that paul?

#22 ·

there ya go fellas, washed it up and hit the tires with a lil mothers, its the only thing i had that would make them shine, so i hope u like it

any others suggestions on somthin else to do to it?

#31 ·
truck looks good. i say put some nfabs on it. It did wonders on my truck when i put em on with the blk wheels.

#35 ·
those are exactly the bars i want, but i just want mine cab length, can u get a few closeups of how the mount and the pipe diameter so i can build a set?

#36 ·
the bar diameter is 3 " and they mount through the pinchweld. I thought about making my own but after really thinking about it and pricing out the pipe and the paint and time... it was just cheaper to buy the Nfabs.

#38 ·
how much were they if u don't mind asking, i prefer to build my stuff because i over build it, lol, which good, bad or otherwise is just how my family rolls

#39 ·
those ran me right at 400 i think. im all about DIY but it just didnt seem feesible and all. they would have to be damn near perfect with the step position and all.

How did you paint your mirror covers? I want to paint mine blue. Was yours the textured ones?

#40 ·
they were the putco chrome stick on style, i sanded the chrome down and epoxy primered over them and sprayed them with duplicolor paint(2 coats) and 2 coats of clear, wetsanded with 1500grit and 2 more coats of clear, wetsanded with 1500 and 1 final coat of clear, let them dry for 8 hours b4 installing

#44 ·
they do. they bolt to the pinch weld and about the pinch weld on the inside of the body.

#48 ·
Looks much better all waxed up and shining...I need to do the same when I pick up my truck this weekend!

#46 ·
looks much better without it i think. The wheels need a touch of chrome though. Just a lil bit to break up the black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.