Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Official iPhone 4 Thread-Teathering Will Be Available

811 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ihackenberg1086 
#1 ·
Well I just got back from 2 weeks vacation and using my laptop tethered to my iphone 3GS made traveling easy. While in the hotel room the news showed people in line for the new iPhone 4. I started checking into it and the new data plans will be $15 for 200MBs and $25 for 2GBs and an additional $20 for tethering.That's a total of $35-$45 on top of your regular bill for tethering. If you exceed 2GBs you will get an additional 1Gb for $10. I pay $30 for unlimited data plan now.Tethering for me is free(Ben/Help hack). Is it worth $15 more a month? Plus the 2GB cap? IDK.
My wife has finally seen the value in the iPhone as she constantly used it for everything. She used it to find certain museums and landmarks in D.C. She used it to find parking for the Cubs game on fathers day . She navigated me away from bad weather on the road.Tracked our location constantly. Her phone stayed in her purse the whole vacation and didn't get used except for incoming calls. She has always said I don't like your phone. It is to big bla bla bla. When we were on the road she finally said I think I'll get the new one that came out. She saw the value I see in it. The tethering hack is invaluable to me. I always use my laptop at work and am always in the sticks. No big city wifi here. If I'm in a good spot I get the 3G speed. I hate trying to show someone a picture of something job related on a small screen. It's so much nicer when you can show a big picture to someone needing some input at work. So who's got one so far and what are the pro's n con's you have so far? I will be buying 1 of them as soon as I can catch up on my sleep. Also ATT says they will be fully available to all on June 29. Post what you know. Here's a few links I read.........

New Smartphone Data Plans - Wireless from ATT

ATT- News Room

See less See more
#8 ·
I plan on getting an iphone 4 later. Im waiting because it has a ton of issues right now.

First its a crap shoot if you will have yellow spots on your screen. Apple will happily swap it out if you do but we dont have a local store so Im better waiting till the yellow spot ones get off the market....

Next theres the dead pixel ones. Some but not many have this problem. Again I'll wait till new batches work thru the pipe.

Then theres the antenna issue. This will be fixed more than likely in a software update but why rush in since it may require hardware changes too.
For those that post in here they have it and it works great, yes you do have the antenna issue. If you hold it on both sides at the bottom at once you will lose all or almost all signal. Google it, its nasty.

With the problems out right now plus the software fix in the works to address the antenna issue Im better waiting since I plan on jail breaking mine right off the bat this time. With jail breaking your better off having the firmware where you want it before jail breaking.

My old 3g works great so no hurry.

#9 ·
I have one I got lucky, the antenna issue they said they won't fix cause it's part of the stainless around the edge but if you put a case on your phone like me it doesn't matter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.