Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

OBS and NOS!

4K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  blamedachevy 
#1 ·
I hoping some of you can help me. My buddy bought a Zex kit for his 95. It comes with evrything for a cheap NOS setup. Well it only has one nozzel and i was wondering if anyone has set one up on a stock 95 intake setup. I have an idea but wanted to see what you guys thought.

#4 ·
Dry or Wet i dont think has to do with that. It just if you add fuel with it or not. Being it diesel i think most every person with NOS is a dry type. Gassers is were they manily use Wet.

#5 ·
And yes i put in swamps babys, but turbo was just rebuildt but has 1.0 AR he wants me to change it back soon though to 1.15.

#12 ·
:whs: Isn't that one of the points of NOS...cooler intake charges. I was second guessing myself there wondering if all the guys who inject post turbo were wrong....I think not.

#14 ·
:whs: Isn't that one of the points of NOS...cooler intake charges. I was second guessing myself there wondering if all the guys who inject post turbo were wrong....I think not.
Not arguing, just sayin.

#13 ·
The primary use of nitrous is to supply more oxygen through the chemical breakdown of nitrous gas into nitrogen and oxygen under heat of combustion. There is only so much air density increase due to cooling effect. With a wet system, a 50hp kit has a set ratio of fuel/nitrous gas injected. A 300hp kit would have proportionally more fuel and nitrous gas injected to maitain the correct fuel/air ratio. In theory, a wet system would run without ANY external air intake, relying only on the oxygen supplied by the nitrous gas. A dry system supplies more fuel by injecting more fuel through the injection system to maintain a combustible mixture, having different tuning for nitrous and non-nitrous operation.

#16 ·
Well there ya go then I just learned something which is what i'm here to do. Like I said I wasn't trying to argue I just was saying what I knew about the topic.

#18 ·
Well honestly I've never heard of that before so yeah I guess I learned something there too!

#21 ·
Ok i thank you all for the schooling but i took Diesel and Gas High Performance classes at Wyotech with two of the Best East Coast engine builders as my teachers, i understand the whole NOS, Superchager, Turbocharger and or anything High Performance. NOS is basicly Oxygen in a can that is forced in the engine to burn extra fuel, the nitrogen is just a buffer to keep the Oxygen from pre detonating.

But all i was asking was if anyone put one in on a stock intake set up and could help me out on placement.

#26 ·
oh, your one of "those guys".:pointlaugh:

I dont think you need to school me on nitrous, i have EXPERIENCE running it on MY 7.3. Guess where i did NOT place the nozzle? umm let me think here.... it was NOT before the inlet to the compressor.

#24 ·
Intake manifold yes but its only one nozzel and i need it to be even spray so im limited on were to put it.

#25 ·
Like i said its not my truck its my buddy but cause he already got the kit and im the mechanic lol kinda have to do it. He's not going to run a huge shot maybe 75 to 100 shot at the most, with tony wildman i think it will have enough fuel for that.

#29 ·
:popcorn: :popcorn: lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.