Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Engine build, what goes in?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  co04cobra 
#1 ·
Sorry for all my new threads over mt build but I wann to get things right the first time.

Gonna be buying a block soon as going to be rebuilding it as a strong 475-500hp engine. What all needs to go in it? So far I've got...
ARP studs
Valve springs (??)
Gearhead cam
Rods if need be
fluidamper

what else should I throw in it while I'm rebuilding? Should I port the heads? Fire ring it? Fill me in fellas.

PLEASE NO DEBATES OR NUMEROUS POSTS AS TO WHICH IS BETTER. just pointb towards good parts

#3 ·
lookin at about a 250/100 and H2e or gt42 or 47.

Still undecided on turbo actually

#6 ·
Besides what you already have listed. Here are some more things:

Regulated return fuel system- itp (sinister diesel) makes a pretty good starter fuel system.
Forged rods
maybe a set of 238/100 or 200% nozzles by unlimited diesel.
Some type if upgraded oil pump (adrenaline, swamps gen 3, stealth). All of them great choices either way you go.
Mahle pistons
Maybe a set of up-pipes..?
I'm sure I'm leaving out a couple things...

#7 ·
Keep it simple. 250/80% injectors, 66mm h2e or GT 4294 if you need a garrett for some reason, and for the engine, melling LPOP, new main and rod bearings if the engine has some mileage on it. Dont break the headgasket seal but put in studs, pushrods and valve springs. Dont do anything else inside the engine unless you're rich. Fuel system and pump and thats easy 500+hp.

#8 ·
wish i could find a griddle and a set of crower's for a good price for my build this winter..

#9 ·
For no more power than you are looking to get, I wouldn't waste the money on a girdle, unless you plan on going bigger in the future. For that combo that you want, I would just buy a used block with forged rods, put the injectors and turbo on it and just swap them in. And also, don't worry about the head gaskets, and just put in head studs. Going with a used motor would much much cheaper than the route you are wanting to go.

#10 ·
Depending on the condition of the engine when you get it, id just do studs, valve springs, and pushrods. Try and not break the seal on the heads... Build your own h2e style mount, do a swamps gen 3 hpop, design your own fuel system, injectors, turbo, and lastly... A BTS

#11 ·
Yea for no more power then you want a 38r, studs, springs, p-rods, tuning, trans, 238s/100 or 200. A upgraded fuel setup, and mabye a upgraded hpop. And factory forged rods you should be fine. If your looking for crowers, girdle,dampner, etc, might as well wait untill the factory stuff wont take it and then build big.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.