Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Cooper STT 285/75R16

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  nadekeys 
#1 ·
Thanking about getting a set of Cooper STT 285/75R16 for my stock rims. Anyone have experience with these? Any input would be great, they seem like a good tire for the price.

#5 ·
I run the 35x12.5-18 STTs on my truck, they have 32k on them and have about 8-10k left in them. Perfectly happy with them on and off road. They have worn evenly, never required rebalancing, and were a marked improvement in ride quality over the factory Conti. I'm not going back to them my next set only because I want a taller, narrower, quieter, A/T tire and will be going to a 285/75-18.

#6 ·
Well ive got them in a 37"x13.50 and have been really impressed. In two years i have zero cracks in sidewalls and are wearing great with 30k on them probably a little more than 1/2 treat leaft. Do good in winter and are quiet for m/t on the road and ride nice i would def. buy them again.

#7 ·
My boss' cousin put them on his F350 gas-job service truck. He said he'd never buy Coopers again because of the tire. He says the lugs are terrible for cleaning when in mud and they're noisy as can be on the highway., plus they're half-wore out within a short period of time (can't remember how long he said, but less than a year).

Glad I choose my Firestones, as I was about to pull the trigger on the STT's.

#8 ·
i ran coopers on my truck 35 12.50 r 18 and hated them got 15,000 out of them now im running the bfgs and have that on them and there not even a quarter of the way gone

#12 ·
I have run the the Discoverer A/T's and got 60,000 miles on them with tread to spare (prob. 2 mm before I hit the wear bars). Now I am running the S/T's and have about 8,000 miles on them with no noticeable wear. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set. That said, I don't do any heavy towing with my truck, just jet skis/atvs. For the money I think cooper's are great tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.