Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

need job

3K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  joebob3093 
#1 ·
i am wanting some extra money before i go back to school and would love to work under the table some where near me. if any one knows someone who needs help with just about anything let me know. thanks

#9 ·
Sorry, I hope that didn't come out wrong. Just giving you a free bump and a hard time at the same time. Sorta' a twofer.

#5 ·
There's no farms around you? It's hay season and trust me we could never get enough help

#11 ·
i love haying, im also in need of a job and none of the farms around here i have asked are hiring anyone.

#7 ·
craigslist???? other than that, get in touch with a farmer who has connections, there are plenty of farmers around the US (especially in the corn belt) who are fixin to harvest, last week i was told that if i wanted to my boss would hook me up to travel the midwest up all the way to canada- harvesting for his associates. just a thought. if you want more info i'll ask my boss next week for more.

#8 ·
mad max for sure man i would def be interested. im going to ask a few farmers around here that i hunt their land to see if they need help. but so far no luck.

#12 ·
My little step brother mows lawns for side money. I gotta hand it to the kid, he charges like $20 a lawn and he makes some pretty decent cash doin it for a 17yr old kid. Maybe its somethin you might wanna try

#14 ·
If you gotta good reputation, in smaller towns the farmer network will know about it, or you can tell so and so to ask so and so about ya.

If your a lazy pile of useless, then, well, they'll know that too, and you might be looking for a job for 2 years straight......

There's jobs out there. Just gotta keep huntin for em.

#15 ·
im def not useless, and i have a few that i already talked to they just dont need help i guess. but i will be workin on roofs after vacation so im pumped thanks tho

#17 ·
thats one thing i have been trying to do, but trying to go up to alaska and having no luck at it.

#18 ·
might want to check with the local bar's I know around here a lot of the place's they pay the bouncer's/I.D. check's cash under the table

#20 ·
Here's how I look at it. A job is a job, you can always quit if a better one comes a long. Even minimum wage at McD's is better than $0 an hour. Not sure where a lot of people are getting their supposed pride from, or what your case is, but a job is a job is a job.

Gotta find A job, not THE job.

#22 ·
Yep.
Heck McD's is decent money any more.
I went from hand picking sweetcorn to bailing hay to McD's all in a day, back in the day. Had to keep McD's happy so i had winter work luckly they just worked me a few days a week so i could sling bails till dark. Go to the local oilwell hang out for a bit and do it all over again the next day.:bowfast:

#21 ·
Look into the smaller auto wrecking yards around.

#27 ·
yup, my dad and cousin both work up there. they both like the work and it is great money.

#29 ·
Anywhere in the Marcellus play is going crazy right now too you wouldn't have any problem getting one especially with a service company.

#33 ·
they both seem to really enjoy working there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.