Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

what should he do?

834 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  !!!PainTrain!!! 
#1 ·
my wifes boss just bought an 07 250 6.0 50k on the clock because he has a HUGE boat. i was talking to him and hes thinkin about doin something to try to gain a little more power and economy. said he is only getting around 13 mpg, i recomended a fresh oil change, fuel filter and air filter to start. i dont know anything about the 6.0 but i know on my 7.3 there are alot of easy DIY mods that can be done. can the 6637 be put on the 6.0? what about a chip? straight pipe or possibly a quiet higher flow muffler? any help would be appreciated!! i wanna get him hooked!!!!

#2 ·
open exhaust always helps, the 6637 will fit with some mods but its no use, the stock system will handle 500hp. I would do a chip and exhaust and see what he want to do from there.

#6 ·
just remind him if he's guna tune it he needs to put in a set of gauges, i would recommend a tune, egr delete, studs, Mystik 10w30 Synthetic oil, make sure he uses a ford oil filter not some jobbers brand

#8 ·
is all that really needed? dude sells insurance, not a gearhead. can he do exhaust and a chip and be ok? the long skinny one will never touch the floor, ill never drive it!!!

#9 ·
It's up to him. Cheap and modded 6.0s don't go hand in hand.

Fact: The EGR cooler will fail given enough time. A tuner will increase the chance of blowing head gaskets (considering they pop while stock). If you put a tune on the truck it is important to monitor the vitals of it by watching Fuel Pressure (which will help your injectors live longer), Water/Oil Temp (can tell you alot of different things such as oil/egr cooler problems, headgaskets, etc.).

So it's really up to him. In order to run a tune for any length of time and not have the truck explode you need to have these other mods IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.