Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

PA Help

3K views 43 replies 6 participants last post by  Blcksmk08 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Im lookin for some help. Im probably gonna be moving to central pa from nj within the upcoming months. I was wondering if anybody can give me some help with inspections. I no in nj they have self inspection, does pa have that law? Also anybody live in the centre county that could possibly help me out with a good loal shop for inspection performance friendly possibly. I have a 08 f250 with a deleted 6.4. it still has the egr in it for now. I can still put the dpf/cat back in but would rather not. So if anybody can help me out i would greately appreciate it and im lookin foward to meetin up with u guys at meets and gettin to no everybody in the PA nation. Maybe i might see a couple of ur trucks out there when i go out there next week. Thanks -Matt.

#3 ·
Finally some more ppl from the nation in centre county! Where are you moving to and when? As far as inspection goes idk if I can help you out. There are some shops that I know that do me favors but thats only because I know them personally. I'm away from home for pretty much the summer but I can do some checking around to see what ppl would have to say about it. If youre gonna be around in the winter I was planning on heading down to beans to get my truck on the dyno at some point so if you'd be interested in that you're more than welcome to follow me down I may be trying to get a couple of my buds to go down as well.

#4 ·
ok sweet. im down for that. im going for a interview with cleveland bros cat in milesburg so ive been looking for apartments and places to live til i can get settled. Ive been looking at places in milesburg and north by lock haven since clinton county doesnt have emission testing. il be out in that area on tuesday and hopefully i can get this job and move out of this chitty state of nj LOL if u can help me out i would appreciate it. thanks

#5 ·
You may wanna check in Bellefonte and State College for temp. places to stay if you're looking to be a little closer to your job. I never really had to worry about emissions on my OBS but yeah I'll do some checking around and see what I can find out. Haha yeah PA traffic/drivers aren't quite so angry!

#6 ·
yea ive been lookin at a couple in bellefonte. they will be available in 2011 which would be perfect for me. if i do get the job i get sent to a cat school for a while. yea i got the jersey driving in my blood. im gonna have to slow down and relax a little. thanks for the help.

#9 ·
Well they like their speeding tickets thats for sure. I wouldn't do anything over say 5-6 mph over the posted speed limit on the major highways. On I80 you can get away with 10 cuz the state boys are a little more forgiving but the local cops are douchebags.

#16 ·
No problem and when you get settled get at me maybe some pa guys could have a g2g at my camp or something!

#19 ·
PA doesn't do Emissions inspections on Diesel's. Just a standard yearly Inspection. Most shops do look to see if a Cat is in place, and around here they check for muffler's. I had to re-install my Cat and Muffler every year on my 6.0, What a pain!

#21 ·
Year 2007 and newer have emissions tests. And yeah I can let ya'll know when I go down I'm sure beans would love to have a bunch of us!

#22 ·
well it looks all good for that job today. im really thinking about it. i might be seeing u guys really soon. i hoping in the next month i will be out there. the job is mine all i gotta do is run the numbers and make up my mind. im leaning to yea pa here i come. thanks for the help PSDEng the cops were eyeing up my truck and were in the truck stop i was in looking me over hahaha it was great.

#23 ·
Haha there ya go bud congrats! Yea man drop me a line when ya/if you move up here it's a really great area!

#27 ·
which sides r u guys talking about. I would be in milesburg in centre county. where would that put me. i was told by the manager at cat that i am exzempt from emission tests. they r a pa inspection station. they said they will do my inspection with no problems.

#29 ·
Dude welcome , you'll love it around here , which division of will you be working for ? I have a buddy that just transfered from there truck shop in milesburg over to their generator service . milesburg is pretty quiet place to live . had an apartment there few years back. How do you like your 6.4 ? I just picked up an 08 this past saturday. I'am up for any meet and greet.:welcome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.