Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What parts to Ceramic Coat

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Suns_PSD 
#1 ·
What parts does it make sense to ceramic coat?

I'm putting on a new turbo, pedestal, and outlet flange. Would all these parts benefit from ceramic coating?

#2 ·
Turbo Exhaust Housing, Intercooler Pipes, Intake Spider.

#3 ·
Make the turbo exhaust housing, up-pipes and exhaust manifolds. Everything between the motor and the hot side of the turbo. Cold side of the turbo can get some power coat or paint if you like.

#5 ·
I always ceramic coat the exhaust manifolds, up pipes, exhaust turbine housing, and down pipe. The cold side can be powdercoated if need be.

I use QC Coatings here in Michigan.

#14 ·
it cant really get much more simpler to explain, then CERAMIC and COATING, it acts as a thermal barrier to resist heat. Putting it on the inside of stuff where exhaust gasses are helps prevent the hot gasses from soaking into the surrounding part, and pass the heat energy on to where it's supposed to be used (turbine wheel) Putting ceramic on the outside just makes stuff look pretty but in fact its acting as a thermal barrier to keep the heat IN the material.

#23 ·
But if it's apart, I know in the gasser world a good ceramic coating on the piston crown can make rather a large difference... I'd assume as long as it could withstand the heat the same principle applies here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.