Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

tick

8K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  geared_low550 
#1 ·
Is this what you guys are hearing? This just started today.

#17 ·
ALL THE ISSUES?,,,,,,,,,LOL

What forums do you frequent? And what is this "List of issues" you know of on the 6.7?:doh:

#21 ·
I agree it doesn't sound normal, Although I have not heard the HPP tick yet either, have you taken it to the dealer yet?

Does ANYONE have the HPP Tick on a recording yet? Someone should put that up so we KNOW what to listen for if we have one.

G
#25 ·
Before the 6.7 came out they supposedly tested the hell out of it. You would think they would have addressed this if it was going to be a problem. This noise seems to be a common concern. Personally, I would not be happy if I just spent 50-60 grand until someone made it go away. I really hope they recall them and install a fix for it. That's just me..:shrug:

G
#29 ·
If it did it when you test drove it, and when you drove off the lot, I would say it's normal. But when something different starts happening at 5200 miles I would be concerned.. Especially it being the first year out.

#34 ·
Yes, I know there have been "Some issues" but when you said you're going to wait. I haven't seen any reasons that would warrant waiting on a new truck. It sounded like your trying to make a big deal out of the small issues seen so far don't warrant waiting for most IF you were in the market for one. None of them are serious, such as the EGR's and Radiators going bad and locking up the 6.4s ect... you haven't seen any 6.7s require an engine replacement yet,,, is the point I was trying to make,, but if someone wants to split hairs, and the small issues are enough to stop them from getting one, so be it.
YOUR NEVER going to buy a piece of equipment/vehicle this advanced and not have a few issues,,,,

#35 ·
I have posted about the engine knock/tick on this site and a couple others. What the video showed is the same noise I have had since about 700 kms. I now have 7500 kms and it hasn't gone away. Although sometimes it is louder than other times. It does not knock until the engine and fuel are up to temperature. Yes sometimes I can hear mine in the cab also, sometimes it's quieter.My performance has never suffered as of yet with this issue.

They say the HPP is trying to go between the economy mode and normal mode which creates the noise and to keep driving it as it does not harm the engine in any way.

Ford calls this an uncharacteristic knock/tick on some 6.7l engines and they are looking into it. Well that was at least 3 weeks ago and still no update.

I have read where they have changed the calibration 3 or 4% and it goes away. But my understanding is it more complicated because it possibly changes the emissions which it has to pass.

Just passing on my experiences and what I have found out so far.

For those that say live with it it's a diesel. Well I don't mind the sound of a diesel but when something changes in the sound of your engine I think it's only common sense to find out what the issue is and let others know. Wouldn't you be doing the same??????

#36 ·
I agree wingburner, and no I wouldn't be like "Just live with it" No,, if it doesn't effect the performance, and Ford says drive it,, then there is no reason to get :mad: about it either,, (I am not insinuating you are, but some would I bet)
It sounds like Ford has their engineers all over it, so unless it starts leading to some catastrophic failures, there's no reason to worry I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.