Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone have a front 2" receiver

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Mooring Product 
#1 ·
I'm looking to put a 2" or 1.5" receiver that mounts to the front so I can put a bicycle rack or a tail gate bbq. Everyone I find mounts behind the bumper and you are required to remove the fog lights.

Anyone have one that doesn't require removing the lights?

#2 ·
Mine had one on it when i bought it and it actually come's out all the way at the bottom of the bumper. Mine is welded to the frame though. Looks like someone just modified a rear one to fit.

#10 ·
I just pulled my factory one off to put a 2.5 Class 5 on.

i think thats the one i have. just bought the truck and it came with it. my fogs are still there
Any pictures? I just put HID in my fogs and love them.

#5 ·
I've debated cutting it off but i know the moment i do something will come up where i wish i had it. It also makes for a great spot to put jack stands. I've also thought about making an adapter plate for a winch i have in the garage that would slide into the recievers.

#11 ·
That one is a Drawtite brand, if you google superduty front mount hitch under images there are a bunch of results. I found that some time ago to get ideas to make my own.

#12 ·
I have the Drawtite one and I had to remove the fog lights. If you get one that attaches to the end of the frame, I cant see how there would ever be clearance to install the factory fog lights. You could make or weld some kind of mounts that would allow you to mount aftermarket lights to the hitch.

#13 ·
my ranchhand has one on it and it comes in handy more times than not.

#14 ·
Can't think of the name right now (pretty sure someone else will), but there's one that hooks on to the factory tow hooks. Sits out in front of the bumper, 2" receiver, good for at least 5k tow rating. When you're not using it, you just pull a couple pins and take it right off, pretty slick set-up, definitely strong enough for what you're looking for.

#19 ·
I've got one on my front end replacement.

Never actually used it for anything yet but I can see it coming in handy.

It seems a little high to be moving trailers around with though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.