Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

puttin on airdog 150, any tips?

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  stackedstroker 
#1 ·
Any tips would be great

#3 ·
Is this going on a stock fuel system or aftermarket one? On a stocker its as simple as following the instructions. Should take you a few hours if you have everything organized. If its a aftermarket you may need different fittings and to make sure its between the fuel tank and the fuel water separator filter if you have a dedicated one.

#5 ·
Plan on doing it tonight it came with th pick up tube for the tank but what the directions show is difrent then the parts they sent me I can see how they want me to do it but I think the hose will wrap up. Its got me using the fuel line as the pickup tube and I think it will try to role up in the tank. Ande if it does no fuel but when I get to that point I. Will figure something out.

#6 ·
Harpoon it??

#8 ·
How big of a hole? But won't the hole mess withthe suction once the fuel gets below the hole?

#9 ·
Harpoon is a fill up mod. Just makes it easier to get the last few gallons in there.

Use the pickup that AD sent with the kit, fuel line should have a 90* fitting that threads to that.

If they sent the wrong dirrections, just call them and they can email the proper ones.

#11 ·
Got the install done. But I broke the float off so have to get some new parets before I can test it out. :doh:

#14 ·
I broke the float off :doh:
Did you not read? We said to follow the directions. I did not see that anywhere in them. LOLLOLLOLLOL

Glad you have it done. How long did it take you to break it, I mean, finish the install?

Let us know if you notice anything like the injectors being quieter, better mpg etc? Having the extra pump pulling the fuel many times helps the stock pump maintain more consistent pressure and flow.

#17 ·
It made a huge diffrence. The truck is quiter it starts better and it helped my top en out a lot, maybe another mpg.I'm glad I did this mod. It doesn't act like it doesn't have any fuel left at the top end now I can feel a diffrence through the hole peddle travel.:D

#19 ·
I've got an afe stage ll, full built jasper tranny, 4" turbo back straight to dual 8" stacks, airheater delete, wicked wheel, edge evolution and I leave it on extreme(100hp). Plan on ordering a gt38r this coming week. And I plan on getting an adrenaline pump, a regulated return and a set of hybrids. And a custome chip. Going for around 500hp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.