Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Hair drug test question

15K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  Arisley 
#1 ·
I gotta question about hair drug test as i have to go get drug tested for a job at john deere tomarrow. First off i dont do drugs but alot of my friends do and and they sometimes do it around me in the past few months ive tried to keep em away when there doing it but ive been in a car with them twice in teh past 2 months where they were so my question is will this show up on my test and screw me over of should i be ok?

#5 ·
You'll be fine bro. The hair test can go back a couple months I think. I was in the same boat when I took my last drug test. Buddy smoked a few joints in my truck. Everything turned out fine and I passed the test. I dont do drugs either, but some of my friends do.

#6 ·
Thats good im hopein thats true cuz ill have to kill somebody if i fail haha

#7 ·
If you smoked and its a hair test your screwed. If you were just around people smoking, your fine, simple as that.

#9 ·
funny how many people know the answer..lol..

a while back my dad had to fire a guy (he failed the hair test) any how he said he was in a car an others were smoking.. so my dad being fair said ok let me talk with the lab/md an the doctor said there would be so much smoke in that car for his level any one driving by would think the car was on fire...

he was gone that day.....

ps think you will be ok with the hair test..

#10 ·
Not trying to be a smart ass here.....Just wondering about opinions

I applaud you for your decision to not do drugs, but why do you hang around when other people are doing them?

Big Monk - I would never let someone do anything in my vehicle that I don't do. What if you were stopped with by a cop with that going on in your truck?

#13 ·
Honestly...I've never been in that situation before. I now have a cdl and will loose it for life if I am caught with posetion of a substance weather if it's mine or not, even if I'm in my personal truck, and that's a risk I'm not willing to take anymore. I hang out with them because they have been my friends since I was lil. Even though I might not agree with some of the decisions they make or the things they do, I don't judge them. Just keep the chit away from me if at all possible.

#12 ·
hair can actually go back almost a year with folicle tests being how they test the hair and folicle at the same time... any oilfield job requires a folicle test ua and alchohol test in the ua

#20 ·
Ussually they do it out of nowhere theyll just pull it out and smoke i ussually make them roll downt he windows or wait till im not around and for the most part they understand i dont allow it to be even carried in my truck as im not going down for that. im not going to judge them by what they do thou their good guys if they werent i wouldnt be hanging with them we all have our flaws but the way i look at is its there choice and they dont let it get in the way of going to work or begging me for money and the ironic part is that they work at deere harvester already

#28 ·
What about a guy with long hair, is it only like 5 years, and why is that. Just never thought of you as a sexist before Tank. Oh wait a second. Let me undo that statement.

So how was that for an AKGandy impersonation. J/K Rick.

#32 ·
I can KINDA agree,...but if I have a large company,..the last thing I want is an employee in a company vehicle getting pulled over for speeding, and a cop finds an illegal substance in MY company vehicle.

Then next thing you know,...MY company truck is on the news,...with MY business name and number on the side of the truck, with heads lines like....

... "TANK'S PIPE FITTING....employees hitting the pipe?"

#33 ·
It is also an insurance thing. The company I work for must do pre-employment testing. We have the THC tested as lenient as possible. As long as they don't get high on the way to the test site, they will pass. If somebody has an accident on the job, they get tested, same thing goes for that test.

#35 ·
I went and took a D.O.T physical and whiz quizzer yesterday for my new Job and they did the standard piss cup test three differet times. The girl that doing my physical said that they can detect any kind of dilution and they automatically fail you. No bleach tricks or detox can clear it up. Since when did you have to crawl on the floor and do squats to drive a truck..? Maybe it was just the hospital but felt like I was doing ******* olympics. Also they took xrays and pft tests. Seems like they are getting on top of their chit these days.

#37 ·
Everytime they get better, so do the cover ups. Sorta like the police radar and the radar detectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.