Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

going to the dark side "ELITE"

6K views 53 replies 30 participants last post by  STROKER6.04LIFE 
#1 ·
Well it's been a rough year this year, i've got lots of 10 sec passes in this year. however the last two evens i've had carnage. melted pistons, this last time i broke a piston in half. it's always on the back two cylinders. I've come to finally give in and try some of these pricey parts a try. goin with the stage two cam, 40 over pistons, and there wammy heads with the bigger valves.

Theres been a long time rivalry between Tadd and I, he still hasn't beat me on the track. but it looks like he wins:doh: cause i'm at the limits with the stock parts, i'm floating valves now.

oh heres the new turbo going on the truck too:evil Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system Vehicle Rim

Auto part Engine Motor vehicle Automotive engine part Machine

:ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford:

See less See more
#3 ·
:eek::eek::eek: if ya dont mind me asking is that from a floating valve or way to much boost?

#5 ·
I think you are going to need a bigger hood. LOL LOL Sounds like your in good hands. Should make things between ya'll that much more interesting. :D

#8 ·
S500 with a 88mm compressor wheel, there's room to grow if need be, at least starting out amller on the s500 I know I can go bigger if need. I'd hate togo to big and have to get a new turbo. Industrial injection made this turbo specially for me, the exhaust side is were things are a bit more secretive

#12 ·
cause i'm at the limits with the stock parts, i'm floating valves now.

You had stock valve springs in there?

Congrats on the new stuff!

#13 ·
BADA$$!!

#15 ·
if it doesn't work out, i'll be sending a pile of parts backLOL

yes Danny for the 100th time,i've had stock heads,stock cam, stock valve springs,stock 05 hpop, :doh:

my decision todo this is because i watch tyler light chargers faster than me, and when we were in phoenix i watched Wayne from elite light a gt4202 charger faster than i could light a s366 with the .80 exhaust housing with the 74 wheel. in superstreet for nhrda they have the auto start this year so if you have a laggy charger your in trouble. i want to be very competitive at worlds this year. so it's time to evolve with the sport:D

#20 ·
yeah hypermax rods, right now there just stock bore mahle pistons cut to hypermax spec. i'll feed the big charger with a silver bullert 66 from industrial with a 80 housing,external gated blah blah. start with that and go bigger if i have to.

#22 ·
Pretty similar to what i think would be a sick big twin set up on a 6.4. the cam should help a ton... im in need of a cam as well lol. best of luck shawn, too bad i couldnt see that bad boy run inperson this weekend... later this year maybe :D

#23 ·
No. My heads are stock, the only thing they have is hardened valve seats. No porting, no valve grind. That's why I'm ordering expensive heads from elite. But I'm sure it'll be worth it

#27 ·
:rockwoot: The funny thing is that I hear about this on PowerStrokeNation, rather than the boss passing on the info!:doh: I'll have to check with Garrett so I know just how excited for you to be. Either way though, That's great news. Converter? You know you're welcome to use my intake ideas and improve upon them. In fact, They're sitting in a pile at my house waiting until I have another 6.0, if you would like to borrow them.

#34 ·
thanks, but Doug (gogodiesel) was on his hands and knees begging me to buy hisLOL:postwhore2: just kidding doug, looks like i'm getting one of Dougs intake. Should complement the other parts:evil

#28 ·
Well Shawn you should still be proud as hell to prove hype over proven what the stock parts can do from the factory. That's an accomplishment of its own, so for all the small time builders learn from this !

#30 ·
Yep. That's why I'm looking at modding it now. With the new mods I'm not looking at goin faster, 10.5@133 is awesome. I'm just trying to build it now to be reliable and be able to make pass after pass at that et/mph. If I only spray two stages whichis good for 10.6's@130 it lives all day, but when I hit the third stage valves start to float, and piston damage happens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.