Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

RevX helped out cold start i had

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
hey guys, i was having cold start problems with my truck till she got to 120-130 she seem to skip, i got two bottles of RevX from them for $60, did a full oil change(which always hurts haha). Drove her around got into her good on the highway and around town the last couple days, Got in her to day and wow what a different truck, this does work for a sticking injector, truck evan runs smoother, like when i bought her, if this need to be move please do, but i do believe this does work like the other guys say i does

#4 ·
Glad to hear it's working for you! Chalk up another happy Rev-X Customer.

I'm a HUGE skeptic of "snake-oil" remedies, but Rev-X has shown time and again to help resolve many of the cold start/drivability issues commonly seen on the 6.0L trucks. Even 7.3L trucks notice some benefit to running Rev-X. We've been so impressed with it that we recommend it to all our 6.0L customers.

Take care.

#8 ·
I've done the same with mine with great results as well.

It got me thinking... if it works, it means you have a "bad injector?" right? I mean why is it some are "sticky" and others are not?

#13 ·
Where are you getting injectors for 120 bucks?

#14 ·
Rev-X, to my knowledge, has not been used in the PSD for just over a year. Many who have used it in trucks with over 100,000 miles have seen improvements in the cold start issue. With the weather being warmer many will not experience problems as they would when the weather is down into the 30's. It will be interesting to hear from those who have posted results to also post if they have to replace injectors later. With Rev-X fixing these problems for some, they may never have a need to come back to any forum because they are not having problems. Is that not what forums are for? If you have a problem you post the problem and hope someone has a solution.

If you still have warranty you can go to the dealer, he runs diagnostics, tells you need 3 new injectors, they install them and you either get it for free or the $100. If you have no warranty, you pay the dealer for the diagnostics, "it will not be free maybe $100", they tell you that you need 3 injectors, "have no idea what that cost will be", You don't have the money now so you drive off and live with the cold start problems.

If you are still having problems after the motor has warmed up, you could have a real injector problem. Or you can spend the under $70 for 2 bottles of Rev-X and see if it helps.

#21 ·
Yes I was reading all the posts. Around the forums people say two bottles first, one bottle on following changes, but on the Rev-X website it states two every oil change. Granted, many people will be able to get by with just one bottle since their injector stiction isn't that bad. Another reason I would rather fix the problem injectors though. When I sell my truck, I don't want to sell it with a band-aide on that will fall off the first time the new buyer changes the oil.

#24 ·
And hell you dont even have to do one after the initial. I havent yet. Issue has not returned

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.