Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My Friend's Quad

4K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  woodduck97 
#1 ·
I feel bad for him after today. He just got it back from the shop after his wreck and first time ridin since the wreck and this happens.

We went out and were cuttin cookies in the tide flats at really low tide. He got his 800 EFI Arctic Cat 4x4 stuck and my 400ex couldnt do anything to help. Well, after 2 hours of tryin to get it unstuck the tide came back in and I ended up swimmin out to get our helmets and gear from it.
:(

See less See more
#6 ·
my buddy did that to his 800 can am he draned the wanter out of the crank case and the top end and it runs fine now

#7 ·
were hopin the tide doesnt take it out to sea before low tide tomorrow, were gonna go get it and hes gonna drop it off at the shop he bought it from and have them do what they need to do to get it back to working order then sell it

#29 ·
shuda put a rope to it and anchored it to the beach so it doesnt run away

#8 ·
If it's on it's side, get a long rope, go out to it, tie on roll it over and pull it in.

#10 ·
Get three or four guys on the rope and in the water. Where there is a will, there is a way. Either that or sit there and watch it float away on the tide.

#11 ·
thats true, just tryin to round of 3 or 4 more people at 9pm to walk out into knee deep columbia river silt to pull a quad isnt that easy though.

all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best, he wants to wait for low tide and drag it back in with the pickup

#13 ·
Thats a new kinda suck right there, feel sorry for the guy

#15 ·
That sucks big time!

#17 ·
Just open up the belt housing and drain the water, hope it'l be alright. That sucks

Last summer my buddy stalled his 1 year old sled in his pond...it sat at the bottom(bout 14 ft) for almost 8 hrs. Got my boat in there some how hooked somewhere in the suspention with a ratchet strap and hooked it up to his dodge 1500 until that got stuck then hooked up my other buddies silverado(we had a couple days of a lot of rain) and got that stuck then brought in my 6.4 hooked up to the two trucks and sunk sled. pulled it out got all the water out fired up on 3 pull and runs like a champ.

#18 ·
when we got to it this morning as the tide was goin out all you could see were the tires sticking out of the water. took a couple hours and a 2 seater 4x4 arctic cat to get it out still. we got it out and towed it with a strap behind the truck to L&D Race Tech in Warrenton (local ATV shop about a mile or so away from the entrance to where we went wheelin at) and theyre gonna see if they can save it tomorrow. no water got into the head unit, and there was still oil in the engine, watery oil, but still had some oil in it

#19 ·
since you didn't run it in the water it should be fine, power wash the salt off, drain all fluids,,,, twice, clean out belt housing and and air cleaner box,,,, run it.

#22 ·
Disconnect the plug, fill the crank case with kerosene and turn it over and over and over. drain, fill with oil, turn over and over and over, drain more oil, hook plug back up and run it. I cant tell you how many bikes we did this to after katrina, and after sitting under water for a week.

#23 ·
as you know slowleak, its not too bad when they're under, it's when the oxygen hits it you gotta move fast and get it lubed up. slowleaks plan would work great

#32 ·
I would've anchored that bitch to the river bed to keep it from floating away! Glad it didn't, I feel for the guy.
Getting it running again's not a big deal at all though as long as it was off, like slowleak said clean that salty water out and change the fluids, and change them again. Pretty simple, yet most people still seem to get worked up over drowning these things.

And Kendal, that angle of approach in that picture is pathetic! What were you thinking?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.