Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

12.81 @ 103.2

3K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  B18B1LS1 
#1 ·
Went to the Atlanta Dragway tonight and made a few passes with the 310 tune. I used the original production file Matt released last September and it did great. I think a more recent one might run a little stronger, but only testing will tell. I am overall very pleased with the runs. The weather was great other than the ridiculous humidity. Taking the tailgate off did not help by the way. Spare was off for all 4 passes.

12.900 @ 103.11
12.890 @ 102.91
12.825 @ 103.08
12.816 @ 103.24

The best pass time slip looked like this....

60 - 1.701
330 - 5.132
1/8 - 8.074
MPH - 83.44
1000 - 10.636
1/4 - 12.816
MPH - 103.24

#5 ·
I think the big thing that amazed me was the fact that taking the tailgate off did nothing for me. I cut a 1.70 60 foot with the tailgate on and with the tailgate off. The pass with the tailgate on was actually both quicker and faster....in warmer temps. It was 4-5 degrees hotter on the 12.81 pass than it was the 12.82 pass.

I think I am just going to buy a light weight bed cover for my truck to prevent any possible drag and race with the tailgate from now on.

#14 ·
I think the big thing that amazed me was the fact that taking the tailgate off did nothing for me. I cut a 1.70 60 foot with the tailgate on and with the tailgate off. The pass with the tailgate on was actually both quicker and faster....in warmer temps. It was 4-5 degrees hotter on the 12.81 pass than it was the 12.82 pass.

I think I am just going to buy a light weight bed cover for my truck to prevent any possible drag and race with the tailgate from now on.
You said it right there.. and we were saying that you are fine if you wanna leave the tailgate on, dont add more weight with a cover...

mikes tailgate also has a man-step huge difference over a standard tailgate, i bet mine weighs 50lbs or less...

#10 ·
if you watched the episode you'd know why it was brought up ;) they found that a pocket of air was created in the bed which caused the wind to literally just float over the entire bed of the truck and not even touch the tailgate... when you take the tailgate off that pocket goes away and the inside of the bed creates turbulence and slows you down/causes worse fuel mileage

#27 ·
can't there be a way for the tuners to automatically "teach" the trans... instead of this "learning" BS? i see no benefit in the "learning" method on these new trucks once they're tuned, but then again i don't have one

#28 ·
is there any room u could just cruise around at the track. at ours before they shut it down:doh: there was plenty of parking lot and other strips u could drive around and let the trans learn the tunes, just a thought :shrug:

#34 ·
only time i have ever had tranny learning issues is driving like a old man for a week then flogging on it hard out of the blue. trans is cought off gaurd... ever notice how the shifts are pretty hard when you first load a tune? Trans is expecting the worst at first so its ready.

#35 ·
Mine doesn't like to be ran hard right after a new tune. Did that once and it started shifting all wild and sporadic. Like it didn't know what gear to be in.

#40 ·
Yeah, I wish I had 3.55's those gears have to help. I ran a 12.6x a long time ago fuel only but that was with a few hard parts. Dzchey, I like your new setup.. I see you took the lift off, nice!

#42 ·
right you had alot of the first hard parts from elite, your truck is a bit lighter than mikes but i dont know exactly how much, my guess is 300lbs or so.

Ya no lift i like it alot now, still cant keep up with you fast guys but its alot better all around now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.