Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Pulling out a semi

6K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  Aljay 
#1 ·
When this guy got stuck blocking the road right in front of the shop, I just had to. LOL

#13 ·
I hope the 6.7 has got more than that. I seen OBS 7.3 pull a loaded semi out of intersection after the driver ran out of fuel man he hoppin bad thoughLOL

#14 ·
i had to drag a loaded semi back to the shop with my now race truck when i worked for Big G express in tenn. awesome job aaron!

that grill has awesome food!

#15 ·
I pulled a large box truck out of the middle of the interstate with my early 99 in St. Louis near the airport. He broke down in the middle lane going up hill, he was loaded and it was just over another small grade. I got in front, and hooked up with my strap. When it was clear I pulled him about 100' and over to the side. It was totally dead, He got my info, and his boss called me later. It got me box seats to a Cards game!
Sometimes it's nice to do the right thing. I know it could have been bad while I did it, causing a wreck, however it certainly could have been worse if he stayed in the middle of the highway.

While it looked impressive,, and I am not dissin the truck,,, many vehicles could have done that I am sure! (Even that Tahoe!) It probably only took a little extra for the truck to get the feet past that lip on the pavement.

NICE TRUCK THOUGH!

#16 ·
Landing gear was up looks like a swing type gear.

Looks like had it in a bind (fifth wheel angle) and had no weight on the passenger side set of drives and was spinning even if he had the power divider in. Open diffs suck .

#17 ·
I saw a stock 7.3 dually manual pull a fully loaded to 80K fuel tractor trailer up I-15 near Devore/ Glen Helen (steep grade) . It did it easily actually at a slow speed.

It's good to be able to help people.

In trucking I always have to explain to guys that gearing is what moves loads, not hp.

#18 ·
Lol, awesome! I did the same thing with the orange truck a while back. They had our road completely blocked. And I got to haul-ass thru about a 4' deep ditch to get to it. :D

#24 ·
I once saw an expedition, yes an expedition, pulling a full sized dump truck in the left lane of I-75

They were only going about 30 and Im guessing it was empty, but still!

#25 ·
When I was young and dumb (as opposed to old and dumb now) we towed my buddy's broke down Chevy van (3/4 ton with about 1200 lbs of stage lighting equipment in it) to his parents house. It had thrown a rod on the side of the highway and we pulled it out to his old man's place and swapped a new 350 into over the course of 2 weekends. Anyway, we pulled it 40 or 45 miles through the rolling piedmont of Carroll County MD with a tow rope behind my 77 Monte Carlo with a 305/2 barrel/TH350 trans. Not exactly a powerhouse, but that old Chevy pulled it no problem. We stuck another buddy of ours in the van to steer it and operate the brakes. Took a whole lot of alcohol and some other organic substance to calm him down after that ride! LOL

#28 ·
That is a stick truck. I do not think the "landing gear" can get stuck. It is a fold back "prop". I would think that he just had a tire in the air on each axle. And to the OP I can not tell exactly how yall hooked it but it looks like you hooked the two starps together with possibly a clevis. If that is the cash please DO NOT use this practice. It is extremely dangerous and there have been several people killed doing this. Cool video though. JJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.