Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Accessories for my Newest Truck

6K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  pennsylvaniabo 
#1 ·
Ok guys I bought this 2000 6spd truck a few weeks back. I like this truck so well I am planning to actually keep it for a while. So I decided to go ahead and deck it out.

Mods I have done so far as of today consist of:
Recon smoked cab lights.
Recon smoked third brake light.
Moto Metal wheels with 305/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Mods I am already have planned but not installed yet:
8" Aussie Chrome Stacks.
Blacking out the front windows.
05 Front end conversion
08 Tailgate
Bushwacker style painted to match fender flares.
Recon blaked out mirror lights.
The Harley style black headlights.

Mods I am considering or I am not sure of yet:
N-Fab step bars cab length or wheel to wheel??
Thunderstruck full replacement front bumper in black??
Possible full replacement rear bumper in black??

That is my list I have so far. I am looking for advice from all of you now. I am really hung on whether I should get the cab lenght or wheel to wheel N-Fabs. I am also hung on whether to do the aftermarket bumpers or keep and do a nice black full grill guard. I also can't decide if I do go with a new bumper if I should get the grill guard or the bull bar.

Any suggestions or ideas you all may have would be greatly appriciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
I really like it.

Would have rather had a short bed but with the 8" stacks and my tool box it would have been on the gooseneck ball or very close. So I had to go with the long bed.

It has a couple little things to fix yet like the molding on the windshield is coming off. The other little things will be fixed with aftermarket goodies.

I put one of our chips in first thing along with an S&B intake. Other than the exhaust and compressor wheel that will be about all I will do performance wise. Still have to get the gauges installed.

#6 ·
We have gotten a few things done to it now.

Still have to put the 05 harley headlights and billet grill in and the fender flares on. I am thinking about leaving them black and doing black bed liner to cover up the silver along the bottom.

Also have to get some steps for it but have not made my mind up yet.

#7 ·
Shoot some picks out when you do the bedliner on the bottom.I hate the silver on mine.

#8 ·
i vote wheel to wheel Nfabs

#9 ·
I am deffinantly going with the wheel to wheel N-Fabs. Just need to decide if I want the 2 step or 3 step model?? Not sure what the 3 step model will look like on my long bed??

I also was thinking about a windshield wiper cowl?? I have seen trucks with them that looked really good and some the looked like crap. So I am still up in the air on this one.

#10 ·
i got the three steps so i can get in my toolbox with out haveing to get in the bed.

#11 ·
Dam nice truck: and all those mods so fast. Business must be good... Congrats.

#14 ·
I had them build the bumper that way for me and once I got it I was not to sure how well I really like how it looked. But it has grown on me more and more everyday.

I think the overall look will be a lot better soon as the 05 black Harley headlights and the 05 chrome and black grill is in and the off road lights are mounted on the bull bar. Hopefully all of it will show up tomorrow so I can get it swapped out tomorrow night.

#19 ·
It is getting closer...:D

My tint guy is coming Thursday to put the eyebrow on the front and darken the front side windows.

Still up in the air if I need to get the 2 step or 3 step N-Fabs for it. The new tail lights and recon smoked mirror lights are the way.

Also have to get the off road lights installed on front bumper and I am looking for a 08 tailgate.

What do you guys think of leaving the silver along the bottom?? I was figuring the black flares would look bad with the silver and that is why I was getting it rhino lined black. But after seeing it now I kinda like it the way it is. I still have to fix the the drivers lower bed side and cab corner no matter which way I go.

Just not sure on the grill yet. The more I look at it I am thinking the full chrome like that is way to much chrome for the rest of it.

#20 ·
chrome grill is too much.

I vote 3 step bars.

Those stacks look massive.

If you do bedliner on the bottom it would save you some time and money on fixing the bed... You could pop the dent out with a rubber hammer and if need be, add some bondo and spray it with bed liner.

#21 ·
If you do bedliner on the bottom it would save you some time and money on fixing the bed... You could pop the dent out with a rubber hammer and if need be, add some bondo and spray it with bed liner.
IIRC he said something on the lines of having it lined black last time I seen him.

Damn Darrell, front end looks good. I didn't realize it was a long bed :doh: I guess the stacks and box make it look shorter in person.

#26 ·
I know I said I am not much on the black or color matched grills but I am thinking I may have to go with this one.
Darnit, can't believe I have missed out on this whole thread until today. You're building MY truck LOL, or at least doing half or more of the mods I want to do to mine at some point. Another vote for 3-step wheel to wheel Nfab bars (what I wanna do) and the black liner (another one I wanna do) I'm still missing that black grill, and harley headlights and some other stuff though. Keep the mods and pics coming so I will know what my truck will/can look like LOL

4inch lift kit and 33's or 35's would set the truck off man
Might look something like this, but with the bumpers and stacks and different wheels...

oh and long beds FTW :poke:

#23 ·
I'm really not a fan of aftermarket grilles, but that one actually looks nice

#31 ·
Wow! I really like that grille! Looks familiar! :D

Fit and finish is awesome for the price. :rockwoot:

LOL...

Yup, the more I looked at my truck with that chrome grill the more I decided I did not like it with all the other black. So I gave in and decided to go with that all black one even though I said I would never have one.

I really think it will look good and can't wait to get it in.:ford:

#34 ·
My N-Fabs showed up yesterday and the grill showed up today.

Not sure how I feel about the little lights on the bull bar yet?? I thought they would look better.

I thought for sure the new tail lights would have showed up today.

Still looking for an 08+ tailgate.

Also still have to put the vent shades on, Recon smoked mirror lights and a big eye brow once windshield is replaced.

Oh I can't forget about the black bed liner along the bottom to cover the silver.

#35 ·
lookin good! I think the little lights just look smaller on all the largness of your bumper, lol. perhaps a larger light might look a little more fluid. I know they have been done, but a set of these might look nice:

-One choice per household :ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.