Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

DIY Injcetors

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  countryboyrob 
#1 ·
Ok, I need help. I have been searching for a se of injectors but I dont want to spend alot of money. DPP Power has a set of DIY Injectors for only 250 and there machined plungers and barrels for another 200. i have rebuilt several cummins and duramax injectors and they work great. I know the psd injectors are alot more complicated, but I know I ca do it. Is there an one running these and what type of problems do you have or posative thoughts?

#2 ·
Im 99.9% positive those are rosewood kits just sold by dpp power. I know numerous people are running the diy stage 1 and 2 kits but dont know who has used his rebuild kits. Im sure they work great along with the other kits

#3 ·
Back in the day I built a set of stage 2's with 80% nozzles. It took a few hours to build all 8, but everything worked well and I ran them for like 30k

#5 ·
quite a few guys on here have done diy inj's and like them, talk to dpp power or jim at rosewood diesel. you'll like them

#6 ·
...DPP Power has a set of DIY Injectors for only 250 and there machined plungers and barrels for another 200. I have rebuilt several cummins and duramax injectors and they work great. I know the psd injectors are alot more complicated, but I know I can do it....
Keep in mind the DIY Kits are best when used on a set of injectors in good working condition to begin with and you want to bump up fuel flow. If yours are worn and need tolerances corrected or other new parts etc., you can still do the work, it will just take a lot more work, money and time. These 7.3 injectors are the most complicated injectors you will find, and it generally is NOT just a matter of dropping in some parts and calling it good.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have.

#7 ·
well, I have drove 3 other 97's with a ts 120hp and a I think a quad flip chip, and mine pulls harder and runs smoother than two of them, so I think they should be good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.