Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Elite diesel HPFP

4K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  Dzchey21 
#1 ·
Alright getting ready to order Headstuds either Elite or ARP, Elite EGR block of plates, Elite Ported fuel rails and thinking about a Elite diesel HPFP. Who has them and what do you think of them. Do you need custom tuning for it or no?
Thanks
Nick

#3 ·
I read on CompD that Industrial Injection (I think) has came out with an injector pump...

I'm not sure if any Vendors on here sell Industrials products or not though.

#4 ·
Elite pump works well, probably no good without nozzles but i might be wrong on that, you do need somewhat of custom tuning spartan has modded pump tunes with nozzles, my truck likes the extreme street tune, but other than that it will run just fine on standard tunes. Like i said i dont know if a pump on its own will be worth it maybe someone else can chime in.

#11 ·
Hes right, i love the pump with stock injectors and the 345 KEM tune, im sure the Spartan 350 is close to the same results. Where you can really tell a difference is when you run the 210 tune, it runs alot harder than the 210 with the stock pump/rails.

If your gonna pull the cab, do a pump/rail upgrade. I cant say who's is the best, but im never gonna complain about Elite's products or customer service.

#7 ·
Do I gain more volume or pressure with this pump?

#9 ·
So will I see a gain with Elite HPFP and Ported fuel rails?

#12 ·
Ok another question. I thought I remembered reading some where that when you got off the throttle there was a pressure spike that was splitting one of the fuel lines. If I remember correctly I thought that they were going to add a blow off valve in one of the lines to stop this. Did this ever make it or is there another fix?

#22 ·
Why? There are other options, I DONT have tadds lines and my truck has been fine...

Ya I am sorry thats Fu*k up. $725 for a problem that there pump makes is messed up. Now if that kit was in the 100 - 200 Range then that would be more expectable but 725 no. I will just have a hydraulic shop make me up some stronger lines.
How is it fuked up? There were plenty of trucks running the pump with no lines with no issues, then then tunes got bigger and bigger, then the problems were started... The problems is pressure spikes in the lines when you let out of the throttle really fast, Part driver error part tuning error part pump... you cant blame tadd for that. And LMFAO if you think a hyd shop is going to make them for you. The lines that i have were 125 per side and that is just a line, no pressure releif valve or anything. And i would be willing to bet that a relief valve that is made to handle 30k pressure isnt cheap, but if you wanna make your own and feel comfortable driving accross the country... have at it.

i understand wat ur saying but the lines should included with the pump or atleast let the person no before they buy the pump that the lines are not gauranted to hold just as a warning to the buyer.

Probably a legit statement

#16 ·
Ya I am sorry thats Fu*k up. $725 for a problem that there pump makes is messed up. Now if that kit was in the 100 - 200 Range then that would be more expectable but 725 no. I will just have a hydraulic shop make me up some stronger lines.

#19 ·
This topic was brought up in another thread and it was discussed how ford made the fuel line the weak link for a reason,if you put on a line that won't bust,well then something else is prone to fail at the high spikes,I feel tadds put a lot of thought into this exact topic. Also all the lines are made (bent by hand)in house,I was surprised at the price too however to know it'll save my lines (or other things)in the future is worth it to me.

#21 ·
put it this way...there almost isnt an easy way of doing it if you bust the line, especially if you have the wastegate and all that good stuff.
the cab would probably have to come off along with a few other things in order to get to it if it fails, just something to think about. if you are not savy with those kinds of things the repair bill will run you alot more then $700+.

#35 ·
Is that under a hard run or pressure spike?

#37 ·
So what about this. If I running in my 40 tow tune does that call for less fuel press? So if I let of fin that tune can it still spike to 29,000?

#38 ·
Not sure on that one, I am pretty sure that almost all tunes call for 24000 rail pressure even stock (someone correct me if im wrong i cant run under a 275 tune) the Pulse width of the tune is different thus only 40 hp over stock, I dont think it would be that easy to spike it with a small tune, but again i might be wrong.

The pump pressure is controlled by the pressure control valve (pcv) and the volume control valve (vcv) there is a duty cycle of the two that control the pressure most big tunes max the PCV and the VCV out. so the pump is doing all it can do to maintain pressure at full injector pulse width, when you let your foot out of it really fast the VCV PCV and injector pulse width all reduce, but generally the injector can "shut off" way faster than the pump can back pressure off, thus the spike in rail pressure. I suppose its possible with any tune but i would imagine its harder on smaller tunes because the pump output isnt that high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.