Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

mixing B-CODE injectors?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  HotRodTractor 
#1 ·
kind of a dumb question but i was just wondering if you could mix b code injectors? i got 3 BI coded injectors and can get my hands on 5 BD code injectors for a decent price and was wondering,
1-if they could be just dropped in and mixed together?
2- get 3 more BD code injector tops (where the wire plugs in)
3- just use the injectors and put 8 AD injector tops (where the wire plugs in) on them?
4- just have to buy 3 more BD'S

#2 ·
I dont think you want to put then in and run them BI's are splits, BD's are singles, IIRC.
I would think you could make the BI singles with a P&B change?
but I am far from well informed. Solenoids should work
but then again see last remark in bold :doh:

#3 ·
Forgive me but I am going to pick on you some.

1) Only do this if you want your truck to run like ####. Mixing splits and single shot injectors with most likely different volumes and even spray tip patterns sounds like a good way to screw some chit up.
2) LOL :pointlaugh: If you had to a pick a part that is the same between the two injectors it would be the solenoid - they just happen to be labeled for what injector is underneath and are really identical.
3):doh: See above.
4)That would be the best route if you wanted to run B code injectors. Having them balanced and 7.3 tips installed on them would be a good idea to do at the same time.

#8 ·
Any competent injector builder should be able to help you.The reason to swap tips is to make sure you have the correct injector spray pattern - some will argue how much this matters one way or another.

Jap - WTF are you talking about..... if you meant tearing down the BD injectors and installing those plunger and barrels into his A-codes to create hybrid injectors... then yes that might be doable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.