Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Full OEM Gauge Replacement w/ Autometers

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Arisley 
#1 ·
The more I look at Autometer's catalog, I can't help but want to use a full set of gauges to replace all the OEM dash gauges.

I'm sure this has been contemplated before. Is this possible? I have had my instrument cluster out before and have seen how complex the curcuit board looks. I believe there were two large wire harnesses feeding the instrument cluster. Is it just a matter of matching up the proper wires to each new gauge?

I guess it does get complex pretty quick. I assume all the warning lights would have to remain intact and have a way to communicate with the computer.

Any input is appreciate.

#3 ·
to be completley honest, i dont think its possible, i think you would need to use the new senders that came with each guage and the wires from the sensor too the guage, all new wiring, means to get rid of the old wiring, and i think the chip and trans and all works off of stuff the compter is seeing from the cluster, mph, rpm and so on.

i could see this happening on like a truck forom the 80's or so, nothing new though.

#4 ·
I think the PCM sends stuff to the cluster, not reads stuff from the cluster.

If I was going to do it, I think I would just start from scratch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.