Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

need a little help for a friend

640 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tbolt 
#1 ·
my buddy has a 2005 6.0. about a week ago he noticed the transmission acting up he describes it as follows. when he shifts or is at a light in drive and presses the throttle nothing happens for like 10 secs. then it goes but he took it to the dealer and they just ran diagnostics on it and said they couldnt find anything wrong with it. they then told him its a delayed shift and that 80 - 90% of 6.0l with automatics have this.since he is new to diesels and im not to familar with the 6.0l i figured id ask to see if anybody else knows about this delayed shift any and all input would be helpful. thanks

#5 ·
I call BS on the 80-90% have that. I have 4 6.0's at work and a bunch of friends that own them.. Not one has had that problem. Dealer techs are not the sharpest guy's in the diesel world. I would call bts or JW or a local trans shop. There is something wrong with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.