Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

driving across country

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  amarillo250 
#1 ·
well as the title says my wife and i are driving across country
Im pulling a 38 ft 5th wheel and she is pulling a car trailer with my jeep on it
we started out in washington state, then oregon, idaho, utah, arizona and now in new mexico

we have had one hell of a trip blew a tire on the 5th wheel in oregon while on the phone with Trailer Hauler, lost a trailer brake in utah,
had to put a new air intake manifold on my wifes 5.4 f150:doh:in flagstaff az
blew the lower intercooler boot on my 6.0 today:pointlaugh: in new mexico
There we a few other things also:doh:

hopefully we will get to see andy in arlington Tx tommorow or monday then its down to see catrebel and kendall in college station then on to panama city fla

#2 ·
wow that sound's like a memory maker!!! good luck on the trip

#8 ·
Ok well the trip gets even better now jackies whole left bank of coils are acting up going to wait for it to cool down the going to dig into it

#10 ·
was this supposed to be vacation?????:doh:

#11 ·
No I'm getting transfered to panama city beach fla
we are in Amarillo now and I need 2 of the wiring harness plugs to the coil packs

#14 ·
Meet up with DCMoore and had a few beers here in Amarillo fixed a few things on jackies truck but still have a miss fire on the #4 cyl

#15 ·
Just a few beers a..??
You failed to mention that you are travelin with a number critters...birds-dog-cat...that's gotta make this trek alot more exciting...LOL
And how's the "Climate Change" coming along former Alaska man ??? You might be missin that snow by the time you get to Florida.

Carry on and be safe :D

#16 ·
well got jackies truck running and made it to arlington tx to have a few beers with Andy and had a good talk with him

Jackie said after sitting there for 3 and a half hours listening to me and andy talk I have to take her to Six Flags, after that we have to get on the road

and haul ass to make it to the next place of intrest!!!!!!
and yes it is going to have to deal with drinking beer!!!!!!!!!!!!
many of them!!!!! might even make getting on the road even harder on thursday
but who knows

#17 ·
Yes momma i didnt mention that we have 11 birds 4 dachsunds and a cat traveling with us
and moving every thing around every day is fun

#18 ·
Well, you're making it slowly. Keep hitting PSN members across the south if you need a hand with more fixes - lets hope not - Got folks in MS, LA, FL just a shout away... Good luck with the rest of the beer drinking and a bit of driving...

#20 ·
Good to meet you and the Mrs. last night! Glad ya'll could make it out, hope my brothers and I didn't scare you guys too much, we spend way too much time together and we shouldn't be allowed in public.
Be safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.