Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My waterpump is a bugger

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Coltaine 
#1 ·
I can't get the fuggin nut off!

Cut the shroud and got the pump out, trying more tomorrow gotta drink/sleep on it.

Tomorrow I'll open the pump to get the shaft out so's I got something to put in the vice, blast that sucker with some heat and hopefully get it off without too much cussing.

Just felt like sharing this.

Yeah, the shroud removal was dodgy, but I'll fix that with some glue/aluminum or something.

See less See more
#2 ·
why not just hit the nut for the fan with a airhammer ccw and 9-10 times it knocks them right off

#4 ·
In the absense of an air hammer, before you do anything else. First step. Big pipe wrench, sticking straight up. Big hammer, hit the pipe wrench a few times. Might have to reset it a couple of times. Works perfect for me.

#6 ·
Big screwdriver or prybar from underneath, across a couple of pulley bolts, have a friend hold it.

#7 ·
You can go to a Kragen/Oreillys etc, they'll rent yah the tools to remove the Fan/clutch assembly..The bigger of the 2 wrenches slips over the 4 bolt pattern holding the pulley to the water pump, and the other one goes on the fan nut, and it turns (righty-tighty/Left-loosey). Good luck and let us know.

#11 ·
You can also right click on the pic, click on properties. Highlight the URL. Right click on it, click on copy.

In the post. Click on the little yellow box with the mountains on it. Paste the URL in the box, and click OK.

#10 ·
See if this works..I saw you have a welding mask, well I'm assumimg that you have the ability to fab up stuff. It is very possible to make these tools as well. Or at least the big silver one. This is the one that goes over the pulley bolts. Then As stated earlier by Arisley/Andy, you can use a pipe wrench on the fan nut to loosen her up.

Attachments

#13 ·
In webshots there is a box on the lower left that says link to this picture. Click on the 600 box and then copy out the one that says post in forum. That will give you a larger medium size photo like this.

#15 ·
Well, I think it was a 50 mm wrench I used eventually.. Actually I used a what 18" monkey wrench and some heat. Some moron got the brilliant idea of putting loctite on that sucker, no wonder it wouldn't come off. :doh:

Getting the beast back together while hungover and well into the shakes was pretty hairy, but I got it eventually, think I used like 3.5 hours LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.