Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Made some changes...

4K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  upinsmoke70 
#1 ·
Its been a pretty good week and my buddy BRUSKI and I were finally able to get some work done on the truck. The truck is far from done and still needs some other stuff (single 7 inch black stack we haven't installed yet, new springs and shocks still need installation, and tinted windshield)

Eventually Ill put money into go fast parts, but until then, lemme know what you all think.

Here are some before and after pictures; the truck is a 2000 7.3.

Before:

After:

See less See more
#4 ·
dude that thing looks sick! i love those wheels! thinkin about those if there is a deeper offset to have bigger lip, awsome looking truck man!

#5 ·
was this the truck that used to be blue and silver? Looks great btw.

#15 ·
Looks real good. Keep it going.

I would lower the ass end down to level it out, remove the steps, peel off the 4x4 stickers, pull the chrome trim and vent visors and it will look even cleaner. Maybe even paint the emblems black or remove them and fill the holes.

#18 ·
thanks guys!!

i know the running boards got to go, and i have springs to lower the front and i plan on removing the block in the back as well.

My blue truck is still blue LOL , but might be for sale in a few weeks.

thanks for the suggestions guys! lot of good ones in there

#20 ·
Nice I like the 08 tailgate. I need to get buy one so I can put it on my truck. Truck is looking good.

#22 ·
truck looks great, maybe some tinted 08 taillights? that'd make it look completely sick! I love the rollpans, I run one on my truck and it really set off the 08 rear end.

#28 ·
It is a lund roll pan.

Fit is pretty good, but I would not say flawless.

-I had to remove the hitch in order to install the roll pan. I might reinstall it and have it behind the plate, but haven't decided that yet.

-The spare tire now sits in the bed because the hole for the lowering mechanism is now covered by the plate
(not a big deal unless you dont have a screw driver if you get a flat)

-The bottom of the pan does not meet perfectly with the bottom of the fenders, so I had to wire the bottom of the pan and pull it tighter and closer to the truck for a better fit. A set of brackets would probably have come in handy, but I bought the pan used and dont know if they came with the pan originally.

- there is no hole pre-cut for a license plate light, which is required by law in the state of maryland. I have a small light on the way; and will have to drill a hole in the pan to install the light so that at night the plate number is visible.

- If you do leave the spare tire below the truck, about 2-3 inches of mine was visible from behind below the pan. I didn't want that, so that added to my reasons to put it in the bed.

Nothing major, but just small stuff you might not think about or care about.

#25 ·
I like the roll pan alot. I might have to look into that.

#26 ·
I have a street scene on my 00 and it fit pretty flawlessly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.