Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

To sleeve or not to sleeve (tattoo)

7K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  Kind 
#1 ·
Quarter sleeve that is. I'm thinking about finishing off the upper part of my arm but can't decide for sure. If I do it, it'll go from about 1 in below the sleeve on a shirt up onto the top of my shoulder. I've had people say that would be cool and I've also had people say to leave it how it is because a sleeve would take away from the Griffin. Opinions?

See less See more
#2 ·
Awww come on, you just wanted to post pics of your mad pipes! Honestly tho, if you dont want to take away from your Griffin dont get a sleeve. Unless its a pretty tame layout, it will get lost with everything. Im just about to start my sleeve, actually. That griffin is great work....

#8 ·
Block skillzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?!!! :poke:

I like it like it is, myself....thought about coloring it?
But, if you're gonna do it, do it now!!! If you wait, kids will happen, and all of your fun-money will be GONE!!!!!!! :D

(But, they are worth every dime!)

#16 ·
if you do, post pics, gonna have something similar on my arm, and kinda want a sleeve, but not sure how it'll work out.

#18 ·
Sleeve!

My only suggestion, if you are going with a full sleeve, start at the wrist...I know you have a nice chunk of art allready there, but it flows alot better if you start from the bottom. Of course, your artist will tell you whats best for YOUR tattoo, but Ive allways had better luck with starting at the wrist.

#19 ·
I dont know if I would do the quarter sleeve cuase it would definitely take away from the griffin. But at the same time Im not big on getting arm tattoos right now, Thats why I did both my sides first, but who knows I may end up with a sleeve, if I ever have something worthwhile to put there.

#26 ·
Nice. I used to spend a lot of time in Hawaii doing projects for Hawaiian Electric....that heavily influenced my whole right sleeve. It's all inspired from things I saw and did over there.

#27 ·
mirror shot man, haha. and yea only real reason why my moms actually let me do it was because i paid for it and because of the meaning it has. She was kind of iffy because of how young i was and that it went all the way down to my wrist, she didnt know how it would affect me getting/applying for a job.

And to the OP, the more time you take thinking of doing it, the more reasons your going to not want to do it. Of course you dont want to do anything you'll regret. Food for thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.