Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

DIY 08+ Tow mirrors on an earlier Superduty

47K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Esky92 
#1 ·
I added the 08+ Superduty mirrirs to my 04 Excursion, the wiring was a bit of a PIA but the rest of it was pretty easy. I added the electric teloscopic, fold, heated, with blinkers and running lights. I have not yet wired the power fold, and telescopic options, and opted not to wire up the running lamps. I bought my mirrors seperately shipped for about $250 each.

They bolt right up, however my left mirro had a nub that hat to be ground off, the right one did not need it.

Anyone have any good ideas for a clean install of a switch on an Excursion for the fold and telescopic mirror options from the newer SuperDuty's? I have not wired this up yet but may do so this summere.

Your left and right controls will be reversed but it seems easy enough to live with it.

Wiring for Driver side:
08+ Mirror____________________2004 Excursion
Red_________________________Red
Yellow_______________________Black
Blue_________________________Blue
Mint_________________________Green/White
Brown_______________________Black/ Yellow
Black/White__________________Black/Blue

Wiring for Passenger side:
08+ Mirror___________________2004 Excursion
Green______________________ Teal
Yellow______________________Black
Purple______________________Purple
Blue/White__________________White
Brown______________________Black/ Yellow
Black/White_________________Black/Blue

TELESCOPE
ORANGE PAIR

FOLD
PURPLE PAIR

I
I
I
I
I

See less See more
#3 ·
You have to take the mirror apart to correct the direction. I rather deal with the backwards adjustment than take my $500 mirrios apart and waist the time. Plus my wife always forgets about it gets flustered, worth a good laugh especially when she's DDing and I've had a few.

#4 ·
No you don't,you just have to switch the wiring abit.I have the color codes wrote down if you'd like to know.

#5 ·
WasGas,$500 for those mirrors are cheap.Are they Ford brand?

#6 ·
Please share any wiring info you have, the issue I found is that these mirrors do not travel in a 90deg angle they travel at a 45 with both motors at the same time for the left and right motions.

Yeah they are Ford, both are used but in good condition, one came from a member here and the other was an ebay purchase. This weekend there was another set for sale on ebay for similar pricing. If you don't care about the power options the manual ones seem to sell for about $150 ea.

This guy has the set $350ea http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-F2...Q5fAccessories

left only $229 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...Q5fAccessories

#7 ·
Power mirrors
Drivers side:
red/silver to red lead from old mirrors
blue/silver -green or blue
yellow/silver-yellow lead
Pass side:
purple/silver to purple lead from old mirrors
green/silver-purple lead
yellow/silver-yellow lead
I don't know if thats the same on an Ex.

#11 ·
I just installed some 08+ full power mirrors on my 03. My mirrors have power fold and extend and I just finished wiring everything up last week. It was a long PITA to do all the wiring and finding momentary switches that I like for the power fold and extend but I finally got it all done

I left my mirrors are still backwards on the left to right adjustments but it doesnt bother me, I never really move them once they are set.

Ill try and get some pics up if anyone is interested

#15 ·
I wanted to keep them close to the other mirror controls so here is where I mounted them. The switch in the middle is for the heated mirrors

Wat do yall think??

#18 ·
Looks good, I figured they had to be away from the door.

What are the 1st 2 switches heated seats?

#17 ·
#19 ·
Those first 2 switches are for my Piaa foglights in my road armor bumper

#22 ·
I added the 08+ Superduty mirrirs to my 04 Excursion, the wiring was a bit of a PIA but the rest of it was pretty easy. I added the electric teloscopic, fold, heated, with blinkers and running lights. I have not yet wired the power fold, and telescopic options, and opted not to wire up the running lamps. I bought my mirrors seperately shipped for about $250 each.

They bolt right up, however my left mirro had a nub that hat to be ground off, the right one did not need it.

Anyone have any good ideas for a clean install of a switch on an Excursion for the fold and telescopic mirror options from the newer SuperDuty's? I have not wired this up yet but may do so this summere.

Your left and right controls will be reversed but it seems easy enough to live with it.

Wiring for Driver side:
08+ Mirror____________________2004 Excursion
Red_________________________Red
Yellow_______________________Black
Blue_________________________Blue
Mint_________________________Green/White
Brown_______________________Black/ Yellow
Black/White__________________Black/Blue

Wiring for Passenger side:
08+ Mirror___________________2004 Excursion
Green______________________ Teal
Yellow______________________Black
Purple______________________Purple
Blue/White__________________White
Brown______________________Black/ Yellow
Black/White_________________Black/Blue

TELESCOPE
ORANGE PAIR

FOLD
PURPLE PAIR

I
I
I
I
I
Where did u get your mirrors? I found some on Amazon but they are about $500. A piece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.