Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What numbers to trust?

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  lorado04 
#1 ·
I have an outlook monitor that has been calibrated to adjust my speedo as I'm runnin 35's. I assume the stock speedo would show me a bit slower than I'm actually travelling. My GPS is tellin me I'm going about 6-7 mph's less than the outlook? What do you trust? Tryin not to get tickets.

#3 ·
GPS, but if you do get a ticket you can always fall back on "really i didnt know i was goin that fast" then get your speedometer calibrated at a local shop, take the card they give you that shows your actual speeds and what your guage is reading, and most judges will throw it out for improper equipment, but you can only get away with that once lol

#11 ·
Tried that when I was younger and still had to pay the fine, I guess the judge hadn't been laid in a while.

My TomTom says that I'm going 3 mph slower in my current truck. I have 235/85/16s. So I just go off of my speedo. Once I go down a highway with mile markers I'll base off of that and adjust.

#7 ·
My Garmin is right on!!
2 stroker

#9 ·
Why not have FORD, or someone with AE recalibrate the computer to get the correct reading. Then your odometer will be correct also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.