Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Broke lower Track Bar Bracket

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  gmcgonegle99 
#1 ·
I heard popping noises and found the lower Track Bar bracket on the right axle/spring broken. I tried welding (I am not a good welder) the bracket but my weld only held for about 400 miles. What caused the break or is this a comon problem? Should I replace the bracket or just get a good welder to repair it for me?

#2 ·
replace it.

#4 ·
I had the same problem with mine when i first bought it. I welded it twice and it would only last a week or so. Finally i to it to a welding shop and they welded it and also added a gusset to it and it's held up just fine for over a year.

#6 ·
I have worked on a couple trucks that had issues with the bracket before. Dont know why some trucks have had issues with that part, its not an easy replacement item since its welded in a few different spots. To fix the ones I worked on, I ground down all the customers weld, beveled the peices and ran a bead. Then put two gussets, one on each side of the bolt. I told them I would warrenty it if they ever had any issues. Never heard from either of them. Where are you located?

#7 ·
I did not know the bracket is welded in place. If that is the case I can not change it out. I am located in Columbus Georgia, about 120 miles southwest of Atlanta. (Ford ordered the wrong bracket which I have to return.) I will go out and do a closer inspection of the bracket and axle. I thought the ubolts held it in place to the axle and leaf springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.