Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

More 6.4 pulling!

5K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  Dzchey21 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Took the truck to a local brush pull. We just wanted to test a different tune as we never made it to the dyno last week. I think the truck caught the sled operator off guard. He had the sled set to stop the "street" diesel trucks at around 300 feet. He just figure that they would move the last set of cones out to 400 feet and that should be enough. Guy had to get out of the pedal a little at the beginning as the front tires started chattering.

#39 ·
freakin right lol

#16 ·
That truck is a beast. i cant wait to see the dyno numbers from it. That guy in the sled probably chit a brick at the end. That old school tractor that crossed behind him in the beginning was definetly on the fuel.

#19 ·
Ported heads, Wicked Diesel modded pump, 100% over Swamps injectors, Elite Cam, Outlaw Turbo Motorsports S475 single. Pistons were cut. Stock rods.

The issue with the way it was running is that you have to have the engine temps up so high or it just won't run right. The engine temps were reading 180 and it just won't run until it hits 190. The day was rainy and you got to pull in between the showers and it was a rush to get it on the track. He just pulled it to test to see if the truck would hold rail pressure better on a smaller tune. We got to this pull at 2 p.m. and he should have pulled around 3 or 4. I think it was like 8 p.m. when he finally pulled.

I don't think the truck went over 4K rpms going down the track.

#20 ·
I have the same problem, its the lack of air i think, when my truck is cold if you get into it too much with too much RPMs and no boost it pops and carries on, Get up to FULL temp and she is good to go, not sure what timing tables look like but i think that its pretty retarded till its at full temp.

#31 ·
Either way the truck runs bad ass and I hope to see more like it in the future.

#37 ·
almost went to Stanley Wi this past weekend but heard they wasnt hooking till 3am but went quad riding , next time I head to Wi ill send you a message and see where it will be I want to see it in person

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.