Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

what are the benefits???

10K views 76 replies 29 participants last post by  6.0beau 
#1 ·
Can somebody please tell me what the benefits of installing the 6.4 banjo-bolts on a 6.0 with stock injectors and turbo are.
Any Info is appreciated.
Thanks, Frank

#2 ·
Free flow of fuel. The 6.0 have the check valve with two holes in the shoulder to feed the fuel line. The 6.4 have no check valve and have four holes in the shoulder to feed the fuel line. It will laso give you a more accurate reading of fuel pressure to the injectors instead of to the check valve. I have pics showing the comparison I will post up when I get home tonight.

#6 ·
Make sure you have small hands and arms to get to drivers side bolt. Passenger a breeze. Drivers side plain old sucks unless you have girly hands and arms.

#8 ·
Have em in mine. Have fun on the drivers side. Like it was said, it sucks. I took everything on the drivers side off to get it out of the way. Still sucked.

#9 ·
like asked above.. MPG gains? Power gains? Will it create more smoke?

#12 ·
No MPG gains, No power gains, just more fuel supplied to injectors. More fuel to injectors = happy injectors. That is the only benefit that I have found when I researched this before I did it to my truck. Less than $20 for parts and copper washers from the dealer, and possibly longer injector like. HMMMMM cheap $20.

#15 ·
Ok, so longer life out of the injectors? How will this affect my visual inspection for smog? I would assume it wont.

#18 ·
How much are these 6.4 banjo bolts from the stealership? This mod sounds like a good one to do. I would like to see some input from a couple of the 6.0 guru's as well. As long as no negative affects, I'm considering this mod. After all replacing injectors suck, hard on the ole wallet lol.

#20 ·
I got mine for $14.35 for both 6.4 banjo bolts. I have been skeptical about it, because you were removing check valves to do this. I just did it 2 weeks ago and have had no negative effects. Start up the same and runs fine. For the 6.4 banjo bolt p/n search banjo bolts go to this thread

banjo bolts - Powerstroke Nation

Alot of good info is there also with the gurus chiming in.

#19 ·
All I can say is I noticed a little better throttle response....especially at quick acceleration. Truck seems to run smoother and ....like I said earler....I have assurance that what my fuel pressure gauge reads is to the injector and not to the check valve. Between this mod and the regulator kit I have made my injectors happier.

I looked and I don't have any pics of the locations on the front of the heads, but if you follow the fuel lines from the fuel bowl they are easy to find. Passenger side is easier to see than the driver's side. Really not hard to do. Just a few things to move out of the way.

I would have to look to see what the price was for these. I remember they were in the $20+ range. The washers came in a separate package. Still much less than the $700+ I was getting ready to drop in a fuel system I didn't really need right now.

#21 ·
Thanke Moose, appreciate it.

#22 ·
I have had Fittings, not banjo bolts, but actual fittings with no check valves for nearly 4 years, and have had no negative effects. My entire fuel system is pretty simple. No fuel bowl at all, just out of tank, to an airdog, then a raptor pump, then to a y fitting and into each head. Fuel pressure is at 59-60, when I nail it with 190's it stays at 59-60. No negative effects at all.

#26 ·
Just as a heads up guys, I see everyone saying the drivers side is difficult, and I want to add that if you have the factory dual alternators, the drivers side is the easy one. The passenger side will be a PITA. You will have to remove the top alternator, both belts, some pulleys and some pulley brackets to get to that bolt. It is time consuming to say the least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.