Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Got the air to water cooler installed

7K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  pontiacross 
#1 ·
finally got everything put together and made my first hook with this setup this weekend.
I bought the cooler from a local diesel performance shop (gilmore performance) then basicly made everything else.
I am useing a 20gal poly water tank that came with out any holes and I installed the fittings and pump where I wanted them. the pump is a rule 1000gph pump and I ran 1 in lines to the cooler

here is a video of the forst hook with this setup
I came in 4th out of 14 trucks in 3 wheel drive:pointlaugh:

See less See more
1 5
#5 ·
Nice pull! I didn't realize you're still on a stock bottom end too!

#6 ·
Are you using iced salt water?

Sam

#7 ·
Thanks, the truck dose seem to run stronger with the new cooler, but I'll know for sure after I get some more hooks on it.
before that pull I put about 10 gal of water in and 40lbs of ice with no salt. I'll probably buy 60lbs of ice before the next pull

#10 ·
Dam you Ross, now you got me wanting water to air. By the way, the piping under the hood looks great man. I keep forgetting to get you my air shut off pics. I'll see if I can't get a pic in the morning. But it's lookin' good man. Did you remove your mud flap weights?

#11 ·
LOL I promis I'll get the mud flaps off before my next hook just for you cody;)

I would still like to see those pictures I am running an electric kill switch right now but Its not an ideal setup

thanks for the complements!

#14 ·
LOL
I had to stick to my pontiac roots. that is pontiac metalic blue

#20 ·
You must not have seen my polished aluminum IC pipes after this past winter, they are now white instead of polished. :mad: They now need re-polished, and then clearcoated.

Dave

#22 ·
Looking good till 0:53 in the second video. LOL Pause it and hold the curser over the 53 second mark....tell me what I'm lookin' at?

How'd you place? Distance? What's the new stickers on the windshield and bed sides?

Lookin' good Ross.

#23 ·
:doh: I got busy and forgot to take the mud flaps off LOL although I needed bigger ones I had mud on the hood, roof, tool box and a big pile in the bed. we had a little rain saturday so it was a bit stickey....

placed 5th out of 18 trucks in a 2.6 class

the sticker on the windshield says swampsdiesel.com and the ones on the side say "meyers truck service" which is where I work, we are an international truck dealor and my boss is pretty good about sending a few parts my way when I need them.

#26 ·
Holy slip the clutch batman!! Looked good Ross. Hopefully we'll have some video of the Kitchen Pass this coming weekend. And we may......may do a tug of war competition. LOL I'm on the fence about it. But we all know it doesn't take much convincing to get me to do stupid stuff. LOL

#27 ·
yea I'm pretty hard on clutchesLOL

Looken forward to seeing some more of your vids :D
especially some tug o war ones;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.