Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Diesel World photo shoot

3K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  JD Dearden 
#1 ·
Guys im sorry but im soo dang excited I couldnt help but tell ya. This afternoon Chris from d.w. approached me at the fass diesel nationals and asked if I'd be interested... well of course!! He ended up shooting the truck this afternoon before he had to catch his flight. Its a dream come true! Now have to wait until november at earliest before they run the issue, gonna be a loooong few months!! Like i said sorry but i had to tell yall!!

#8 ·
Congrats. The time goes by fast....your issue will be up before you know it....then you'll buy every copy on the stands. LOL
You'll get a call from a company that does show boards too....I bought one for each of my features...really nice piece to remember things by when the magazines start getting torn up....

#9 ·
The announcer wanted your truck to win the show and shine. But you didn't cheat like everyone else. He even screamed into the microphone to make the decible meter read a higher level but they already had the reading by then. Everyone else either honked their horn or revved their motors trying to get a higher noise count. I think that the judges scored your truck the highest.

I'll have to look to see if I have a good pic of it. Its real clean Jap.

#10 ·
Thats what i was hearing afterwards, that everyone was revvin an blowin smoke.. i just dont wanna come out showin off like that... lol he did tell me i had the loudest applause before i took off tho.. ahh well, what can ya do

And yeah im sure ill end up buyin all of em i can haha, the ppl at the stores goin to think im crazy lol.

#11 ·
I won't enter a show judged that way. Let the score sheet speak for itself and do a crowd favorite ballot or something....but don't let some screaming people "judge" the show.

At Scheid last year 2 of us were pulled out and re-judged for Best of Show....that way the person that put the effort in won it fairly. If they had said lets let some people yell to decide...I'da probably stayed parked.

#12 ·
It was kinda cool in a way because they rolled them out, one by one, in front of the grandstands. They interviewed each entrant, which I'm sure they were not really prepared for. They asked about modifications and really tried to get the crowd into it. Unfortunately, the decible meter was held really close to the front of the vehicle and was not measuring actual crowd noise. There was a guy with train horns, tell me thats not cheating.

I understand what you are saying Rich, it was not perfect. But it was different than I have ever seen.

#16 ·
I seen ya up there. honestly the pics do the thuck no justice. truck looks really bad ass! Very clean lookin man!!

#21 ·
Thanks guys, i really do appreciate it. An yes i feel extremely honored they took an interest in my truck!
Abrannan, the boards yall are referring too are they the ones that have the article spread across them, like u see leaned up against vehicles at shows??

#25 ·
Here's one of the ones I have. A company called In The News does them...I think it was about 200 bucks but like I said...it's a rare thing to happen and a good way to remember it. None of them use the mag pages for the displays...it's heavy single sided copy paper...very nice stuff laminated to a solid oak backboard. This one is 21" wide X 32 1/4" tall from a Diesel Power feature.
It looks weird because I haven't taken the plastic off it yet.

#27 ·
If you're real lucky maybe your tuner will get one done for you. :D

Congrats!!! :rockwoot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.