Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.7L Tuned 350 tune!

44K views 141 replies 57 participants last post by  muj@KEM 
#1 ·
Will there be one. I know you f@(<ers tuning them have dynoes. Let's see some numbers already. I know no one wants to be the first to whip there D!(k out but come on everyone is dieing to know. OUT!

#3 ·
Has he give you numbers or anything?

#16 ·
I would definitely wait for Innovative Diesel to come out with their tune, KEM may have been the first but it wasn't much of a tune

#19 ·
Well,, after people start chipping it,, then we'll see the threads,,
"FU&^$ING FORD won't warranty my engine,,,:eek: WHY??????"
:poke: Just sayin,,,,

#28 ·
I don't have the funds to risk the warranty either. Hell, I don't have the funds for the truck in the first place I just graduated college... I read it like he was worried about the emissions because he brought up the federal law. 350/200's will probably smoke a lot more than tuned 6.7 will. I'm not trying to piss anyone off, I'm just saying that taking a cat off of a 7.3 is against federal law just like the dpf on a 6.7.

#29 ·
I took my CAT..DPF...and egr OFF my truck because i DON'T agree with emissions BS:evil....diesel trucks actually have less nox then gas engines do with out any of the emissions crap on them, i have a buddy who does emission testing, and my truck passed BETTER with all of the crap off and TUNED then it did bone stock...and really the only truck I haven't seen pass emissions is a truck that is running 900 hp and almost 2000lbs of torque on #2 only (it was a cummins). I'm not the most educated person as far as diesels go, and i'm still learning, but THAT much power equals a TON of fuel. And if you have a Modified big brother as the big charger, then you know that there is alot of fueling happening. It's not the matter if you have balls the size of an elephant or not, to get rid of your emissions stuff on your truck. If YOU are willing and know the consequences and the repercussions of your actions...if you chose not to because your don't wanna get caught or you don't wanna pay the fines for it...then that's your choice to.

Ford or anyone should not pay for your mistakes. You messed with it, you pay the consequences.

#32 ·
I wasn't complaining or judging about you guys removing your EPA junk.

I was saying you guys have large cajones because:

1) Federal Laws are being enforced more. The chance of you getting in serious trouble for your EPA bypass is much more than say, on my 12 year old truck. I'm not commenting on right or wrong, I'm just saying that would concern me.
2) I can't really afford to pop a $15K motor on a truck I just spent $60K on. That's me.

I'll be enjoying the view from the sidelines for sure. :)

#33 ·
Well, I know one thing. Missouri used to use a company to do the emissions testing for them. Sometimes they would set up sensors on the entrance ramps for the interstate around here. I always made a point of "Rolling onto the throttle" when I went through their sensors... the test equipment would take readings, take your picture and you could get a letter in the mail asking you to please just send in your money, your vehicle has passed the emissions tests....:eek: LOL
My wife caught me one day and said she was getting ready to mail the check off, I asked for what? She said, your truck! I was like,, um,, my truck doesn't require any emission testing,,,,
So I call the company, they said yes it does,, I said,, no it doesn't, It's a diesel,, they said, no it isn't! LOLLOLLOL

Anyway,, apparently the above poster is right,, even a tuned 7.3 rolling coal, still passes!

#36 ·
Glad to give you a chuckle,, but really it's the emissions company that provided the laugh for you! Because it really passed my truck!

#37 ·
then they really weren't doing their job lol diesels are pretty clean yes... when stock... and with emissions equipment on... do you think ALL that particulate matter that a modified truck puts out is emissions legal? not even close.... our 7.3s are light-years behind the new diesels with emissions, and the new diesels have finally caught up and surpassed gasoline standards (while making more power/torque/better fuel economy)...
seems like most emissions people just don't like doing their jobs

#55 ·
I do think a stock hp modern diesel that has all the emissions equipment removed w/ say 60K miles on it has cleaner emissions than the identical truck at 60K completely stock. Everything is usually so clogged up by then that they start to run rather poorly and clearly pollute more.

I know of a 6.0 that couldn't pass the CO pollution test, until after the emissions equipment was all removed. Now it passes easily. (admittedly this is an easy test to pass)

Then add in the fuel savings and think about the pollution savings from that. Less drilling for oil, less barges moving crude, less refining, less delivery trucks driving to gas stations, etc... I mean a 30-50% fuel economy savings on every vehicle nationwide is nothing to scoff at.

How polluting is it to test all these complex emissions solutions? (I've been to the factories and observed the millions of test miles, it's really something else.) Millions of engineering hours developing these solutions. Manufacture these converters using heavy metals? Dispose of them eventually? How many trucks go in on the hook because of emissions equipment failures? Wrecker trucks are out polluting more, using more fuel themselves.

Engines wear out faster in the big trucks I sale ever since these emissions began coming out. How much pollution is created to manufacture all these new engine parts for the in-frames? Ship these parts by UPS? Install them and dispose of more oil and coolant?

The EPA really screwed the pooch on this one. They should have mandated high fuel economy standards and nothing else. We wouldn't have 600hp 8K # trucks I'll admit. But we would all have 30mpg pick ups and 50mpg cars. We would literally use 1/2 the fuel we do now as a nation. They really blew it.

#56 ·
I do think a stock hp modern diesel that has all the emissions equipment removed w/ say 60K miles on it has cleaner emissions than the identical truck at 60K completely stock. Everything is usually so clogged up by then that they start to run rather poorly and clearly pollute more.

I know of a 6.0 that couldn't pass the CO pollution test, until after the emissions equipment was all removed. Now it passes easily. (admittedly this is an easy test to pass)

Then add in the fuel savings and think about the pollution savings from that. Less drilling for oil, less barges moving crude, less refining, less delivery trucks driving to gas stations, etc... I mean a 30-50% fuel economy savings on every vehicle nationwide is nothing to scoff at.

How polluting is it to test all these complex emissions solutions? (I've been to the factories and observed the millions of test miles, it's really something else.) Millions of engineering hours developing these solutions. Manufacture these converters using heavy metals? Dispose of them eventually? How many trucks go in on the hook because of emissions equipment failures? Wrecker trucks are out polluting more, using more fuel themselves.

Engines wear out faster in the big trucks I sale ever since these emissions began coming out. How much pollution is created to manufacture all these new engine parts for the in-frames? Ship these parts by UPS? Install them and dispose of more oil and coolant?

The EPA really screwed the pooch on this one. They should have mandated high fuel economy standards and nothing else. We wouldn't have 600hp 8K # trucks I'll admit. But we would all have 30mpg pick ups and 50mpg cars. We would literally use 1/2 the fuel we do now as a nation. They really blew it.
those have existed for years in the form of volkswagen diesels and even american manufacturers had diesel cars here in the past, volkswagen has been developing a diesel hybrid car that they claim can get close to 90mpg WITH all the emissions equipment... the early jetta tdi's got the best mileage of recent cars, they've been known to get over 60mpg on the highway and almost 50 in the city, WITH all the emissions equipment... imagine if they removed it, we'd have much higher than your 50mpg quote, we'd have 70-80mpg diesel cars (not hybrids with expensive batteries that are horrible for the environment to produce and dispose of) and if they didn't have to worry about engineering emissions equipment to meet EPA standards, they could develop new fuel mileage and power producing systems, which would probably raise the fuel mileage into the hundreds! it is possible i guess, just not with today's retards running our country

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.