Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

TE Modded 17* pump ?'s

4K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  Stewart 
#1 ·
how much hp can these modded pumps supply? how much does it cost to get modded? who do i got to get intouch with to get info about getting one. and does just the pump need to be sent in or do you need to send the gear in also. thanks

#2 ·
:popcorn:

#7 ·
Joey has the best customer service I have ever delt with. Just email him and he will repond fast. Hes modding my brothers pump this week.:D

#8 ·
It should support up to a 250 inj or so, so it should do 500.
Most med oil seem to do upto the limit of forged rods,
Go much over 500 and you'll prob want bigger oil.

Just my thoughts but id ask bean,bob, joey,swamps etc all of them have oil systems and I am sure can tell you the limits. I am sure joey will let you know what the lim.its are to his 17 vs needing his twins , for example.

#9 ·
Joey is a great guy. I was waiting to for his machinest to finish some parts for a few weeks or so and he always answered my e-mails very quickly and answered all the questions that I had. Very good guy and can't wait to get mine.

#10 ·
just shoot him a pm and he will get back to you soon.I have a pump from him but haven't put it in yet,I think it was 100. to mod it.

#12 ·
I'll try and get it on by this weekend if i can find the time.

#13 ·
I honestly can not tell the differance between the stocker I sent in and after he modded it...

No knock, just is what it is...

#16 ·
You have to run out into the Almond fields... :poke:

#20 ·
Yeah he only mod's 17's is what he told me. He does have brand new pumps that he mods and they are around 550 if I remember right. If you can get a 17 it's 100 to mod.

#24 ·
I did this mod back in March. Here are some graphs of my truck doing a few wide open throttle runs in 80 econo, 120 race, and 140 aggressive.

I don't have any "before" graphs because I didn't order my AE until after Joey modded my HPOP so sorry, no comparison graphs.

My mods are listed in my sig. But it should be noted my sticks are single shot AC codes. A lot less oil hungry than the stock injectors.

Here is my 80 econo run:

You can see in that above graph, just as I hit 115 MPH, my ICP was holding steady at 3000 PSI with my duty cycle right around 61/62%

-------------------------------
Here is my 120 race run:

This time, in the above graph, you can see as my truck was pulling up to 125 MPH, my ICP actually went just above 3000 PSI with my duty cycle right around the same percentage as my 80 econo run.

-------------------------------
Here is my 140 aggressive run:

In this last graph posted above, as I hit about 115 MPH, you can see my ICP was holding steady at 3000 PSI yet again, but dropped slightly as I continued up to 120 MPH. I wish I had kept on the pedal for a bit longer to see how the PSI held up to the increasing duty cycle demand.

FWIW, to any interested, I can feel a performance gain. Not sure if I gained any more power because there were no before and after dyno runs performed, but there is a definite performance increase due to the HPOP building pressure quicker and holding the pressure better.

Off idle my truck jumps quicker off the line now, and like I stated above, the seat-of-the-pants meter tells me the pressure builds a lot faster and better, pushing the truck into the power band much, much quicker.

Stewart

#25 ·
I bet you have a truck that runs good with nice driveability looking at that.

#27 ·
Yes, I do. :)

Jody has it tuned really well for my wants and desires. It's not the fastest thing on the track, but whether I'm heading down the 1320 or the freeway, I'm happy with it!

Stewart

#26 ·
I need to get hooked up to or purchase an AE, takes the guess work out of everything, then only after those scans, modding your pumps, changing out sensors, PCM swaps, then you'll know for sure how everythings holding up. Interesting graphs Stewart..:bowfast:

#29 ·
Was that question for me?

If so, kind of.

I don't have the Adrenaline, but I did run the truck before I got the modded 17, however, I also put on bigger tires and raised the truck at the same time, so I don't have good comparison ET's.

Also, my alignment is way off because I didn't grind enough metal off of my ball joint knuckles to allow the caster camber plates to give enough movement to get within proper specs. I need to drop my ball joints again and clearance more metal before I can get good specs on her. A bad alignment can affect your ET a little.

Stewart

#30 ·
Stupid question...How does your lift affect your knuckles? And what year is your truck?

#31 ·
It's a 2-wheel drive rig, so in order to get enough movement on the camber caster bushing to allow proper alignment after putting the 2" spacers on, I needed to clearance some of the metal from the knuckles and the C-mounts they attach to.

It's a 2002.

Stewart

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.