Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Just installed 300/200's

11K views 76 replies 27 participants last post by  SZYD 
#1 ·
Just got done installing my new 300/200 hybrids from Swamps, along with a freshly tuned chip.

First impression..... HOLY SH*T! :D

The thing flat out hauls ass. I only drove it for about 10 miles tonight, but everything so far seems to be awesome.

Limited traction on dry pavement in chip setting #4, I didn't have the balls to try 5 or 6 quite yet lol.

Thanks Swamps! :bowfast:

#2 ·
awesome! now videos! haha

#3 ·
Maybe tomorrow I'll get a quick video of how she runs.

#4 ·
Either way its still good to hear how it runs. What kind of hp are those good for? And how much can you turn them down to keep egt's controllable during towing or whatever?

#6 ·
I'm not sure on the power. I'll have to hit they dyno or the track to get a hp number. I'd say 600+. And as far as turning it down for towing, I'm not sure because I've only had the injectors in for a couple hours and to be honest I wasn't looking at the EGT gauge. I don't tow anything ever, so EGT while towing shouldn't be an issue at all for me. But off hand, I'd say you probably don't want my turbo or injectors if you're a tower.

#8 ·
What kind of boost numbers do you see?

Max PW if you have it?

Thanks!

In the cold weather and running lots more advance my rig w/ a similiar set up was spinning the tires easily but now it's not since it's hot and we pulled lots of advance. It still kills up top it just doesn't hit real hard down low.

#12 ·
I'm on wide 35s w/ a locker and traction bars, but no, not really even close I'd say.

At one point I was using the wrong programming and it had a lot more advance and it was still cold outside and at that time (everything else the same) it would kill the tires at 30mph no problemo.

Honestly, I think that Jody is running REAL conservative on my timing and it's hurting my response down low.

#10 ·
Aren't you have some issues with it smoking more thinking it had to do with the fuel or something?

#15 ·
Well, yah. But I think I'd prefer to be a bit closer to the edge and have even less smoke and more response.

I'm ready for the rollers for the first time in about 7 years I'm just waiting for a local dyno event. I did 476 uncorrected all of those years ago and it feels 200 hp faster to me now honestly but I can't make any assumptions. Lots of guys get embarrassed on the dyno.

Also, I want Matt to have his way w/ it first so I can compare some programming on the dyno.

#14 ·
I would have thought for sure you would be smoking those tires. So you think its a combo of getting really good hook up and tuning being super conservative on the bottom?

Have you had it on the rollers at all? See where you at? Could possibly answer a lot. More so if you had one before the change. Still it would tell you where you are at.

#17 ·
Im curious to on how the sledgehammer is doing to. Wonder if mine will do the job.

#35 ·
Nope these aren't Kenny's, I bought these brand new from Swamps. Kenny's were from Cass.

#23 ·
Im not sure, from what ive heard about a 42r it should light pretty decent. I know with my twins, it lights slower than it did with just the 38r, but even with just the 38r as a single itd still burn the tires from a 30 roll, just not get sideways.

Id love to know what Suns timing is, and what kind of fuel is getting put in at low boost. I wonder what kind of icp hes got and how touchy his pedal is as well.

#30 ·
I keep seeing more and more trucks with forged bottom ends running bigger and bigger injectors and holding together. I may just build a forged rod motor and put a set like this in it. That is awesome that you can get your tires smokin from a 30MPH roll. I want to be able to do that.

#33 ·
That is awesome that you can get your tires smokin from a 30MPH roll. I want to be able to do that.
That would be great. I would like that to. But i still would like to get my 18.5 plus MPG. And still tow 18 to 25k

#32 ·
What housing are you running? What made you go T6? Get a good deal that you couldn't pass up?

I think give Matt a chance to work your tuning and see what you get.;) I know Matt and he has made some very good power and fixed others tunes without needing to run crazy amounts of timing or ICP. A sponsor or two are running his tunes IIRC.

#34 ·
When I was at 400 with my stage IIs I was getting 20mpg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.