Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

P pump 7.3l

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  HotRodTractor 
#1 ·
was wondering if anyone has seen the p pump kit that gohypermax has out or if anyone has tried just wondering what it was like or what the pros/cons are

#3 ·
IMHO it kinda takes the fun out of it! but I am curious as to how it runs as well. :popcorn:

#5 ·
Fork up $20,000 and find out.

#7 ·
:whs:Thats no ####! Doing this is on expensive project! Dont know how it will work for street apps, but in the pullin world, its stating to prove itself as on MEAN SOB!! It is only gonna keep gettin better! Billy Zimmers "STROKED OUT" only lost to Brad Ingrams Scheids truck by like 2 feet! At Scheids last year on Friday night. And we all know the sled can control that! Any way I think the Cummins guys may be on the run a lil bit! TIME SHALL TELL!!:ford:

#10 ·
There are at least six different options for p-pumping a 7.3. Hypermax's setup, Wipe Out's setup, DOT's setup, Swamp's front cover, another shop in Ohio was talking about making a front cover, and the good old fashion countershaft and belt drive like the pulling tractor guys use to do back in the day.

That's more options than running trucks - but none the less they are all options - Wipe Out was the first guys to build the concept years ago, but DOT was the first one up and running down the track. Wipe Out is about an hour or so from me and I have some of thier parts in my engine - the concept was originally created based on ideas and parts provided by a guy that lives about 3 miles from my farm. It was suppose to be built and installed in a dedicated puller that was to be built from a 4 door International pick up. He put the project on hold once they had come to the conclusion that the first complete running engine was going to run them about $70K. That would have been about 8 years or so ago.

#12 ·
The pullers want it because mechanical injection is proven to make more HP than HEUI and CR injection in most classes - the only exception to that rule is the "smaller" classes where RPMs and turbos are limited (like the 2.6" turbo class). Common Rail seems to rule the roost there due to higher injection pressures and better fuel control.

I think the idea of a p-pumped 7.3 drag truck is fantastic and I know I am not the only one on this board that thinks that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.