Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Don't Speed, or Drive, Through Ohio

2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  BigStroker 
#1 ·
I know Charles has a thread over in the "Smack Talk" section about his speeding ticket, but Ohio has taken ticketing for speed violations it to a whole new level. The Ohio Supreme Court has ruled that a police officer can pull you over for speeding by their own judgement. No need for radar, laser or any kind of electronic means. He can do it by his own eye. So, stay away from the great communist state of Ohio.

Supreme Court of Ohio Case Summaries

Copley: Speeding tickets without validation

#6 ·
Trained, my a$$!!

Just read the second link...

So on the ticket they can obviously put whatever they want and the judge won't rule it out just because they are trained. Makes sense...

If I didn't know any better I would have thought that Arizona would have came up with this first LOL LOL LOL

#8 ·
Yeah, Ohio state troopers suck!!!!! I got a ticket when I was in a wreck two weeks ago, and I was the one that got hit:doh: It's probably because I am young and the other guy was an old rich lawyer with a mercedes. I can't wait until I get the stroker back on the road, She looks fast sitting still:hehe:

-French

#12 ·
Not surprised, was driving thru Ohio 3 weeks ago and got stopped for the first time in my life. Was asked why I was doing 63 in a 65 and was given a written warning. WTF :confused:

#13 ·
I hate Ohio with a passion now.

#18 ·
These will be the same fine "officers" that mistook a murdered woman's body on the side of the road on Rt. 90 for a struck deer, even after passers by called in and reported the corpse. I would hate living in a lawless society, but the caliber of law enforcement individuals varies like an ac sine wave. Didn't I see a female officer on television driving a hundred miles an hour eating a chicken last year or so? Another unfortunate Ohio resident here...

#19 ·
That's why they call it SLOW-H-I-O! They have been stupid about the speed limits on commercial trucks for years. Im tired of driving my big truck 55mph......

#20 ·
bullsh$t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.