Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Suspension lift Q's

8K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  hypersnyper694788 
#1 ·
Hey all, I was just curious about what kind of lift kits you guys are running. What made you choose that lift. Also, what size tires and wheels... pics would be awsome!!!

One more thing... how often do you guys tow with the lifted truck?

#3 ·
Or Both ! Icon coilovers,Rize 4 link...

#5 ·
ive got a procomp 8.5" lift kit on my truck if i did it all over again i would go with an icon or rize kit or possibly a kelderman air ride kit. I tow pretty frequently with my truck. Anything from my 20' bass boat to a 20' bumper pull flat bed trailer to a 24' box trailer to my 32' gooseneck trailer and have had 20k or a little more on my gooseneck with my lift kit. Also i am running
38" tall toyo mts on my truck.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

#12 ·
ive got a procomp 8.5" lift kit on my truck if i did it all over again i would go with an icon or rize kit or possibly a kelderman air ride kit. I tow pretty frequently with my truck. Anything from my 20' bass boat to a 20' bumper pull flat bed trailer to a 24' box trailer to my 32' gooseneck trailer and have had 20k or a little more on my gooseneck with my lift kit. Also i am running
38" tall toyo mts on my truck.

[/IMG]

NICE!!!!:ford: R both rigs YOU?

#7 ·
When I bought my truck, I was also looking at an 07 identical to mine, but lifted 6" with 37" tires. It was beautiful. I would have bought that one over mine, but I didnt want to have to deal with front end problems being lifted so high, and also I wanted to be able to tow a big fifth wheel with it. So opted not to, but man these trucks look great lifted, I love em.

Thanks for all the good info guys... keep it coming.

#8 ·
I was going with Rize until they put everything they have on backorder for 7-10 weeks and refuse to ship me a kit from a wharehouse in canada.

#9 ·
Both Rize and Icon are bada$$ kits, it seems. Not too badly priced either. Both under 2k for the kit. I dont think I want a 6" kit, i would like a 4.5" kit. I use my truck for hunting and camping, so I would still like it to be useable. Although, I must say, a 6-8" kit with 22" rims and 37" MT's looks freakin sick...

#10 ·
I have a 4" RCD kit and am very pleased with the ride, but it sits a little low, is pretty much right between a leveling kit and a 4.5" icon kit.

If I were to do it all over again I would just go with the Icon 4.5" kit. For an ultimate kit I would start with the Icon 4.5" front kit with either the Icon 4-link or OUO adjustable radius arms, and then add in either the 1" tei spacer or a 2.5" leveling kit spacer to get the height I wanted and run a set of OUO traction blocks out back in the height needed to make it all level.

#11 ·
I have been running a Pro Comp Stage II with dual front. All shocks are MX6-ReZis....I am satisfied with it but to do over nothing less than a coilover set up...You wont be doing a Rize or Icon coilover set for under 2K that's 4 Real!!:poke: I do not however tow nothing the only thing we haul is AZZ!!:ford:

8" with 37x20's

#17 ·
I just got a basic fabtech 6" radius arm drop kit. I dont really offroad or do anything crazy so i didnt see the need for anything more serious. I opted to get it w/o shocks so i could pick my own. I went with Bilstien 5100 series and my truck rides just as smooth as it did stock. I tow sometimes but nothing too heavy.

Here is how it sits now w/ 20x12's and 35x13.50's : It only rubs and full lock if i hit a bump or something.

This is with same tires on 20x10 wheels : It didnt rub at all

This is towing with 37x13.50 tires and 20x10 wheels : It would rub just past 3/4 full turn on flat ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.