Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Best mods for around 5-7k

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  aggie 
#1 ·
What are the best mods for a 2003 6.0 if you had around 5-7k to spend on parts

#5 ·
Get 6.4 banjo bolts, head studs, airdog, that's a grand there, injectors probably 2k give or take, so ur at 3 now, egr delete n gauges, then the rest is in labor and other parts.

#6 ·
I wish I had 5-7K to spend on my truck! LOL

#17 ·
Suncoast, BTS, or John Wood built tranny
SCT custom tunes by innovative
stage 2 airdog fuel pump
stage 2 injectors (190 cc)
AFE Stage 2 intake
Industrial Injection turbo
4 inch lift with 35" nitto terra grapplers
chrome bull bar on the front
autometer gauges that light up green to match the interior lights

This is what we're doing to this truck over time :) just choose what you like for the budget lol

#20 ·
Also on a stock trans. with more than 7k in the motor. Those torqueshifts can take a beating. Im up to 80k on mine, still holding on surprisingly well...but I dont beat the crap out of it regularly anymore. Honestly, I would not hesitate to replace it with another stock transmission.

#22 ·
ford's tranny's are pretty stout and can handle up to about 500 to 550 without rebuilt prolly, depending on how you drive it ;)

#23 ·
A lot will depend if youre doing the labor yourself, or if youre paying someone to do it.

Supposing you are paying to have it done, id do like most have said above.

Studs, injectors, fuel system, egr delete, and then maybe a converter and direct solenoid. That should be in the 7ish ball park including labor, and would be really fun to drive. Then later down the road, slap a modded vgt turbo on it, or a 62 or 64/70.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.