Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lowering my truck back down! 1st step is absolutely silly!

4K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  TylerDurden 
#1 ·
So I sold my 6" lift to PowerstrokeR00, and I bought new rear springs from ford, new shocks, new front leveling kit..(which actually came as a complete front spring set, not a spring pack), and 33's. I tow a lot with my truck, and tow heavy, so I was looking for stock ride again, and some regained torque from the smaller tire. All I can say is it looks retarded, since I have the 33's mounted up, and still have the 6" lift on the truck! But, the regained power is right on! Truck rips now! forgot how much my 35's kicked it in the sack.

I hope to have all the new underpinnings installed tomorrow (just waiting on rear springs to come in from Ford).

Here's some pics in the meantime!

And, with the old 35's...

more, closer to earth pics coming soon!

See less See more
#4 ·
and people dont believe me when i say that the 35's will rob power ........ glad you like the regained power lol

#6 ·
Thanks, I love how it looked lifted too, but I think it will look just as good leveled. I went with the 33's cause I don't care much for the "stuffed" look the 35's can give.

#7 ·
Hey if you had some 20x12's you would fit right in, in central cali with the wide wheel big lift and 33's. Thats how they do it there.

#9 ·
Remember 10 years ago when lifting a superduty was cool?

My 01 had 8" and 37"s. You couldn't pay me to drive a truck like that today.

#11 ·
:whs:

I'm so OVER lifted trucks. Slow, PITA they are.

I'd lower mine again (already went from 37s to 35s) but I don't want to remove and reweld my traction bars for a second time.

I might just stick on a 34" tire next time and call it good.

#16 ·
I'm only 34 but some of that list does apply to me.
Nothing better than a stock height truck with a nice wheel/tire combo in my opinion. It's safe to pull with, gets waaaay better fuel mileage, and your not sawing wood with your steering wheel as you drive down the road.

If I want looks, I drive the Z06.

#22 ·
I hear ya, and I can appreciate a nice, clean basically stock truck.

Having 2 vehicles for me isn't an option so I tweaked mine to my taste.

Not sure why you were having steering issues -- I'm running 8" of lift, 37" tires, and can take my hands off the wheel on the highway without any issues. Steering wheel doesn't move a bit and the truck tracks straight as an arrow.

And I betcha my 05 on 37's gets better fuel mileage than 99% of the stock trucks out there. :poke: Course, it IS converted to run on veggie oil so that might not be a fair comparison.

But what DOES suck about a lifted truck is replacing tires.

#17 ·
Lack of money for a regear was not ever an issue...I didn't feel the need to with 35's.

It's all lowered down, I'm filthy, and beat, but it drives amazing and rides amazingly smooth...shoulda done this in the first place. Brand new everything front to rear, ubolts, nuts and bolts etc. I am in love all over again lmao.

#18 ·
Lack of money for a regear was not ever an issue...I didn't feel the need to with 35's.
ok...money wasn't an issue...

...but.... you said all of it yourself ......"I didn't feel the need to with 35's."........yet you "felt" the loss in torque..

What did you think would bring the torque back?.......fairy dust? ... or maybe regearing?

Just messing with ya man...but hopefully you see my point...:D

#25 ·
2 sets? :doh:

Nah, just one set and we're still not sure what caused multiple injectors to fail. It could have been a number of things:

1) Not a long enough purge time when shutting down

2) Alternator faillure leading to battery failure leading to FICM failure leading to injector failure

3) Old injectors (they had 130k miles on them)

With the way some 6.0's go through injectors, its hard for me to point the finger at running WVO. Even if it was the cause, I've saved over $7k in fuel (even after buying new injectors) over the past 40k miles.

#27 ·
109,XXX and no injectors :ford: ......now that I said that ill lose one tonight LOL

#30 ·
Nah I wasn't hellbent. Main reason behind dropping it down is I want a gooseneck car trailer with a tapered nose, and they won't make tapered nose trailers with the riser height I would need to clear my bedsides. I can't stand the way that the 6+2 nose trailers look, and I wasn't going to do an offset hitch cause I still wouldn't have the clearance for turns. I'm wanting to do a 36' triple axle pace American trailer, black with the tan on the bottom to match my truck.

I'm the guy who doesn't use his truck for truck type things lol, I don't go offroad, I don't haul anything in the bed etc, like I was just tellingg Myles, the only reason I have a trck is to pull my car trailer...it gets weekly baths and put in the garage (now). I've always wanted a lifted super duty, so I lifted mine, ran it for a year, and I can say I've had one..it's only money, make more next week lmao.

Later, Jason

#31 ·
Well, I haven't posted any pics since I lowered it down, but I do have to say that I like it SO much better dropped back down. My truck originally came with the auxillary overload springs on the back, but the new springs I bought from Ford didn't have those. I am sending these back, and getting the correct ones..the guy went off of my VIN number, but for some reason, he said there was no aux. overloads offered..I told him that I Had them, but he sent these. I'm relatively happy with them, but they squat way too easily, so instead of buying an overload leaf for them, I am having them send me the PROPER leaf packs. ANYWAYS-on with the pics!

My iPhone kinda skewed this picture, so it looks bent for whatever reason.

#32 ·
I can totally understand dropping your truck back down. I was running 6" with 36x14.50's and then 36x12.50's. I finally said screw this. I dropped mine down due to fuel, maintenance, the fact that I'm about to be towing the Jeep on long road trips, etc. I definitely miss the way it looked but now that I severely broke my right leg about 4 months ago and will most likely be handicap for quite a while, no thanks on the big lift and tires. I brought mine down to a leveling kit but I'm honestly thinking of pulling the block, throwing air assist in the rear, and 2wd Excursion leafs up front. Now that my truck is much closer to the pavement I'm in love with my truck all over again as well. After having it lifted, I can agree on saying that I wanted it, I did it, enjoyed it, etc. but now that I'm closer to factory I'll never look back. I'm 26 yrs old but boy do I feel old saying all of this lol.

Your truck's looking great!!!!

#33 ·
Thanks! I can say I should have done this from the very beginning and saved all the money lol having all new underpinnings under it helps out too. My truck shows very well...212k miles and aside from a few nitpicky things that I notice cause it is mine, it looks better than most '06-'07 trucks I have seen. Only thing I've had to do to it is put new batteries in her aside from that she has been trouble free!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.